PDA

View Full Version : What is causing my 24/7 lightheadedness?? Help please!

LightyHead0704
12-02-09, 19:02
I've been lightheaded, feeling like I am going to pass out or faint any second, for over 3 months already.
I am only 18 years old.
Doctors can't find anything so ofcourse they have made their conclusion and they all think it's anxiety.:doh:
I'm sure it's something physical though!
Ofcourse I am going to be anxious...who wouldn't being lightheaded 24/7?
It gets worse when I am tired or when I am standing for too long, but it never goes away, it's always there!:wacko:
Everything also feels unreal (depersonalization)

Any suggestions?

Thank you all

mandie
12-02-09, 19:34
awww, i do sympathise with u.

So many people on here can relate to this.

I often get the unreal feelings and being lite headed lasting all day.

has the dr given u any medication

mandie x

LightyHead0704
12-02-09, 22:02
Hi Mandie.
Yes I was put on Effexor but that raised my blood pressure and only made me feel worse!
Something tells me it's not anxiety, but oh well.
I stopped taking Effexor, I also tried Alprazolam but that made me feel like I was a zombie...EVEN MORE!

gtrgrl3369
12-02-09, 23:30
I know how scary being lightheaded can be. I had it for over 6 months and it was the worst. I do have low blood pressure but mine was anxiety related. Once I stopped fearing it and faced being lightheaded it went away. I still get it, but only when I am overtired or have been really stressed. Once you now longer fear a symptom, it goes away. It might be replaced by another one, but knowing that you beat one gives you strength to beat another until you are feeling good. Take care.