PDA

View Full Version : Withdrawal from reducing dose

Kat H
12-02-09, 19:44
I just wanted to know if anyone has experienced withdrawal from reducing their dose of Sertraline. I know people can get withdrawals after they stop taking them but is it common for this to happen from just reducing the dose.

I began to reduce my dose from 150mg to 100mg last week. The morning after I had took the 100mg for the first time I woke up early with palpitations, racing heart etc and got into a panic. I saw my doctor who reassured me this was withdrawal as my body must be sensitive and a 50mg drop was too much. I went straight back up to 150mg the next day and have been back on it for a week now but still really anxious. I have been given diazepam to calm me down but I am really worried that I am still feeling like this after only reducing the dose for 1 day. Can it really take this long for the normal dose to get back into my system. I am praying that they will start to work again but there is no sign of the anxiety going away yet.

When I am ready to reduce the dose again the doctor is going to do it really slowly but my worry at the moment is just getting back to how things were.