PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Pip14
12-02-09, 20:25
Hi

I have joined today. I have never used a forum before but am so pleased that I have found this site.

I have had OCD for as long as I remember (sometimes it can be a nightmare trying to get me out of a house!) and have always been a real worrier but recently it has got alot worse. I have been getting awful anxiety and keep worrying that I have got an awful illness. I realised that I had to do something about it when I had a panic attack and almost fainted on the tube as I read an article about a virus! I dont really know why I keep thinking I am ill but it is the most overpowering feeling and I find that I cant concentrate on anything else.

I know I have to do something about it (even though I have ignored the OCD for so long) which is why I have just signed up for counciling and am waiting for a space to open up.

It was kind of a relief finding this website, as I was reading through some of the threads and introductions I recognised so many traits that I have myself. It is reassuring to know that it isnt just me...

indigo
12-02-09, 20:34
Hi pip, I have suffered from health anxiety for as long as i can remember and have some ocd traits. They were worse when i was younger, they don't bother me as much as they used to but i suppose health anxiety and thinking about health every minute of the day is kind of an ocd!!!!!

Anyway i hope you find comfort and reassurance in this site and you can pm me anytime if you want to talk xxx

Pip14
12-02-09, 20:41
Thank you for the welcome Indigo! x

Patty
12-02-09, 21:08
Hi Pip, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes xx :flowers:

Vanilla Sky
12-02-09, 22:22
Hi pip , welcome to the site, you will find help and understanding here, maybe see you in chat sometime love paige x

weeble40
12-02-09, 22:26
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

sunshine-lady
12-02-09, 22:36
Hi and welcome to NMP

Pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much advice, information and support.

Chat is a great place to make friends.

xxx