PDA

View Full Version : withdrawals from cipralex

cook1atschool
12-02-09, 20:30
been on cipralex for 6 years. For atleast 3 1/2 years i was on 10mg a day, then decided myself to snap a tablet in half and lower the dose to 5mg. Been like this for the last 2 1/2 years. Last August decided to come off of them completely by weaning myself off of them completeley. All this was done without informing my g.p., the last tablet i took was November 3rd 08. I have since been totally of of them, the first 5 weeks was fine, but then i started to get light headedness, dizziness, feel unstable on my feet and disoriantated and off balance. Sometimes feel that i am worried to drive my car. Its now been like this for 8 weeks. There is no way i want to go back on the tablets, but is there anyone out there who might be able to advise on how much longer these symtoms will take to pass.:D thanx steve

bab
12-02-09, 21:17
Hi Steve

when you say you weaned off them, how did you do it? maybe you came off them to quickly?
I am on cipralex but when i came off seroxat there were a few times i had to slow down the weaning process till i was taking miniscule amounts. for some reason i found taking a magnesium supplement also helped

cook1atschool
13-02-09, 19:20
Bab,

Thanx for reply, took 3 months to wean off (2 months of taking 5mg every other day and then 1 month of taking 5mg every 3rd day). Then stopped completely. As i have said the first 5 weeks have had no side effects at all but then started to get dizzy, disoriontated. Still like it today, when sitting down, im ok but moving and walking it starts. You mention magnesium, how does this help? regards Steve.

bab
14-02-09, 17:59
Hi Steve

Hope your feeling ok today. I read a while back that magnesium is helpful for anxiety and the nervous system and it did help me when i was coming off seroxat.

To me, it sounds like you started weaning off slowly which was fine but after doing every 3rd day then just stopping is too quick. sometimes i had to go back on my pills to come off them if you knw what i mean - i dont mean every day - maybe every 4 days for a few weeks then every 5 then every 6 then 1/2 a tablet every 6 days and then nothing - its too soon to go completely without

x