PDA

View Full Version : lots of symptoms......but not feeling any anxiety

katiedarling
12-02-09, 22:25
Ok Here is my list of what I have been feeling and is making me freak out.
Aches and pains, all through my body
Muscles feel really stiff
Lightheaded
Definite stomach pains, cramps, feeling starving all the time. Like an ache, all the time, as if I was starving, even though Im not
Diarrhea
Buzzing feeling in my chest, like vibrating
Sudden jolts of pain through my heart, then goes away. Few times a day.

The thing is.....I have not been feeling anxious at all. I have really worked through things so well, and it has been a long time since I have felt any anxiety. But then suddenly, I am feeling so sick in my body, and just...OFF. I just feel OFF. And I dont know why. Its making me nervous. A friend of mine just got diagnosed with MS, should I be worried that is what my problem is too????
Please tell me what you think....It is making me feel so sick. My stomach is really really not doing well. It ruins everything.
Thank you.

LeafsFan
12-02-09, 22:32
Our bodies grow accustomed to feeling a certain way and they have a bad habit of reminding us of that. We're so use to feeling the "bad" that we are expecting the worst.

Hope you feel better soon.

choliver
13-02-09, 06:53
although you may not believe it you have anxiety.just because you dont feel anxious dosnt mean you are not.the mind can play tricks on us you just have to look at the symptoms section to see that you have many of the signs.
hope you feel well soon good luck.

jackanakanory
13-02-09, 13:24
I can appreciate how you feel exactly....

I do not feel anxious or tense at the moment in the slightest. (Maybe it is deep seated and I am not aware).

It's my daughters sixth birthday on Monday, I am taking my wife and daughter for a night away in a castle/hotel on the IOW tonight and my boss is Australia for three weeks so work is a calm blue ocean.

YET...I have constant little niggles..I had a wisdom tooth out last week as they said it could be the cause of a facial numbness, by and large it has worked. Still a bit there but my jaw is still sore so that could be that.

I have a constant dull ache in the right side of my head but its not really bothering me, I can feel it there but do I put that down to my posture at work and long hours at a PC, I do suffer from a bad neck and have done for a fair few years.

I have had a buffering sound (like when you open a window in a car when you are driving at speed) in my ear sometimes when I yawn or open my mouth wide but that has gone a bit over the past few months.

I sometimes feel light headed and depersonalised but I can get by with that most of the time.

I have been back and forth to the doc and I am pretty convinced (thanks to this site) that my symptoms are all stress related. I try and tell myself they are.

BUT one of my work friends is terminally ill with cancer, he has 6-12 months if he is lucky and we nearly lost him this weekend, this has lead to me convincing myself I am going to get it. It's a possibility for sure but I don't like these feelings of hypochondria I get and after years of anxiety/stress you'd think I'd be able to stop these thoughts but I can't. That's why this site is a godsend as I can vent off on here and see so many people have the same stresses/strains and worries as I do.

I currently get these weird skin feelings that come and go, like my skin being dry and tight which are a worry. Maybe its down to something in my bath or the washing powder I use and today my legs are aching a bit so I keep thinking something is wrong there.

I am toying with the idea of going back to the docs but is it worth it? I'm not one for taking tablets but maybe CBT would help.

Wooohhh sorry went off on a tangent there and kinda hijacked the thread..

But as you can see I get the same I hope this helps to see other people are like you.

Mike

Anxious_gal
13-02-09, 13:46
I think you should see a few doctors if your really concerned. I said a few because 1 doctors tend to brush you off with anxiety way too much.
2 just to ease your mind.
also try some alternative things like accupunture, hey if it works then thats great if it doesnt then at least you gave it ago.
I get body pains alot when i'm not anxious, i'm also tired alot but i know thats just me .

agent orange
13-02-09, 17:41
I am only now allowed to see one doctor, I think this is for continuity and I too think if you have a good supportive doctor, it is best to stick with them.
I too have aches, pains in legs, neck etc, dizziness which could be linked to sinus etc. I keep wondering if I have M.S, but after a clinical test and an MRI, all was clear and negative. The neuro said it was plausible with the symptoms, but after my clinical he suggested that it was very unlikely. That was in May 2008 and I still have these symptoms and I try to live with them. Sometimes I too don't have anxiety. I was diagnosed with undifferentiated Somatoform disorder and Hypochondriasis and I too am fed up, but to keep going to the doctors is not always the answer for people like us.

agent orange
13-02-09, 17:53
By the way Undifferentiated Somatoform Disorder is a mental health and a slightly complex disorder and I presume some of us have it. It occurs with pain and physical symptoms and is a long term condition, but so is Health anxiety.

BKF1515
13-02-09, 18:44
Maybe you are tired of hearing it (or maybe you'll be reassured) but it sounds to me like you have anxiety. Your body can manifest so many aches and pains for absoutely no other reason that a mental frame of mind. I have to remind myself of this too sometimes. Try to get outside and exercise/do something else--I find if I stay indoors/at home my symptoms are much worse. Good luck and take care, Texel