PDA

View Full Version : Freaking!!!

Danuella
13-02-09, 14:46
Hiya

I am 6 weeks preg and i have anxiety..

I am totally freaking out about the way i am feeling (rubbish) and am concerened i wont be able to cope,i hate feeling ill at the best of times but i've been feeling rotten for 3 weeks now and i'm starting to get scared.
I'm scared of all the changes my body is going through and i never expected to feel so frightened about all this.
Please help

xx

BKF1515
13-02-09, 20:03
Firstly, congrats on your pregnancy! Is this your first? I've been through it 2x and I have health anxiety. Just remember first that you are going through hormonal changes and try to relax and tell yourself that the worry is natural (it gets you to protect yourself and the baby) and that if it is too magnified then it is the hormones too. I found that reading up on pregnancy helped me to stay informed on what's happening with your body and what to expect. A word of caution here--don't get the "What to Expect" book as so many people have said that this particular book can turn a non-worrier into a worrier. A nice, positive, realxing, informative book is Dr. Sears' Pregnancy Book. I had both books and much preferred this one. Another point is that you should contact your OBGYN or midwife whenever you have worries. They will always have answers to your questions, allay your fears or tell you to visit the practise for a check otherwise. It also might be helpful to join a yoga/exercise pregnancy group so that you can share how you feel every week with a group of women--you can erase many of your fears there as you discover other women are going through the same thing and it's 'normal'. Just remember that so many women are pregnant and healthy and deliver healthy babies everday--it's more likely than not! I am sure you will have a lovely pregnancy and baby. Good luck and take care, Texel