PDA

View Full Version : eyes, is this anything to do with anxiety?

Linny
13-02-09, 15:03
not sure how to describe it, but, you know when you kind of daydream and your eyes are fixed on something and you are like hypnotized, say on running water or something
well my eyes do this over and over all day long!
what causes it?
anyone else ?

CJH86
13-02-09, 16:25
Hi, i know exactly what you mean! this was one of the initial signs i had when i was younger and first developing anxiety....although at first they put it down to eye strain and sent me to an optometrist x

ley
13-02-09, 16:43
i get this i think. do u mean wen u just stare and cant seem to pull ur eyes away? my eyes get sore really quickly too, been to c optician nothing wrong with them. i just put it down to anx. do u get headaches?

valleybear
13-02-09, 19:49
Have done this off and on since I was in my early 20's. Is is more noticeable when I am going through a particularly anxious period. Don't worry about it ...I don't, just sometimes when someone has to speak twice to me or nudge me but that is seldom as it mostly happens when I am on my own.XXXXXXX

Linny
14-02-09, 15:02
ye, thanx, like your staring at something not even anything particular and you have to make a concious effort to stop it and pull your eyes away.
i do get headache, thats usually my main concern, i have headache nearly every day.
i have been to the opticians and i have glasses but its not made much difference

valleybear
14-02-09, 16:59
Headache is probably anxiety hun, I didn't notice a connection between my 'fixed staring' moments and headaches....but still got headaches due to anxiety. Hope you are reassured they haven't done me any harm in over 30 years!!! XXXXXXX

fairyfloss
14-02-09, 23:46
hi linny.my eyes are also like what you say,like my eyes are in a daydream and i find it hard to pull them away.Many a time i can be sat watching tv but im just staring at it and not actually focusing on it,ust staring at it like my eyes are in a trance! so not to worry,since iv been coming onto this site,ive found out that its just another symtom of anxiety.Take care x