PDA

View Full Version : weird head/face symptoms, so scared

kirstymc
13-02-09, 17:40
I don't quite know how to explain this but I'll try my best.

I was in uni today, I'm a journalism student, and today we had a voice training workshop. This involved all these strange exercises, one was to get in pairs and to try and hit the other's bum! So me and my mate just ended up chasing each other round the room! When we finished, I was a bit out of breath but not a lot, but my heart was going like the clappers!

Then after that, we had to lie flat on the floor and focus on our breathing. I can still feel my heart a bit, but then my face started feeling weird. Round my nose, sinuses and jaw, it felt... numb? Tense? Tingly? I'm not sure how to describe it, it wasn't painful, but it felt really uncomfortable. So obviously I start panicking, I can't focus on my breathing like I'm supposed to, my heart's racing again.

Once I stood up and carried on with the class it started to wear off. But then afterwards walking home, I almost burst into tears in the street, I was so scared! I was just walking, breathing shallow, nearly crying, convinced this was the end.

My forehead has started aching, and I still have a bit of that weird feeling round the top of my nose and the top of my jaw (underneath my nose, if you get what I mean?) So now I'm completely freaked out, like I could cry at any moment.

When I got home I looked in the mirror, and I was convinced the white bit of my eyes, the bottom bit, looked yellow or red or something. I asked two of my housemates, and they both said my eyes look fine, but when I look at it in the mirror I'm convinced the bottom half of my eyes don't look normal. And when I look at stuff, it's like... I don't know, I can't focus on things, my eyes feel weird, my eyesight, while I can see everything clearly, just doesn't seem right.

I've calmed down a bit now, but I'm still so worried. Also, the last few nights my heart's been playing up, I could feel my pulse in my lower back, it was fluttering.

My parents go on holiday tomorrow morning, I don't want anything to happen to me while they're gone. Sounds silly, but I was convinced I was going to end up in hospital at some point tonight and stop my parents from going on holiday.

Anyone else had this? I know I haven't explained it well, but the sensations have been so strange, I don't know how to describe them!

MelodyMan
13-02-09, 18:18
It sounds to me like you had a panic/anxiety attack. It is harmless but anxiety produces more symptoms like chest pains and palpitations and other weird pains and sensations. which makes you worry even more, thus creating a vicious circle. The body works in very mysterious ways. The weird feeling you experienced in the workshop is probably just muscle spasms as you relaxed your body your muscles start to relax. I wouldn't worry about it.

Nutmeg
13-02-09, 20:19
Then after that, we had to lie flat on the floor and focus on our breathing. I can still feel my heart a bit, but then my face started feeling weird. Round my nose, sinuses and jaw, it felt... numb? Tense? Tingly? I'm not sure how to describe it, it wasn't painful, but it felt really uncomfortable. So obviously I start panicking, I can't focus on my breathing like I'm supposed to, my heart's racing again.

I get this - basically my jaw feels tingly and numb - it spreads once I start panicking! But I freak out cos I don't believe it can be anxiety. My doctor has told me it is though. I'm still shocked at what anxiety can do!

kirstymc
13-02-09, 20:40
Thank you for the replies, it's comforting to know that this has happened to others. When you get a strange new symptom you always think the worst and think you're the only one who has it! I've calmed down now and the symptoms are wearing off, though my nose and eyes still feel a bit weird.

sharona
09-03-09, 20:02
Hi
I have that feeling in my face. I had it today. My nose felt numb and the top of my lip under my nose.. I also felt as if my sinus are was numb, very strange but it frightened me. I am going to the doctors on Wednesday to see what it is. My head also goes numb sometimes which is really frighteneing but I think its the nerve endings.

Hope you are feeling better, I will let you know.

Sharon

auqeam
09-03-09, 21:00
Hiya hun, just wanted to say I used to get exactly the same thing whenever I had an anxiety attack. My chin and the area around my lips would go almost completely numb, I did eventually accept it was just panic and /i have never had it since.
Try to stay calm, stick a smile on your face no matter how false and think do something straight away to help take your mind off it.
I promise that is all it is :)

xx

jadeyjade
14-03-09, 13:43
im a student and i feel very much the same, you're not alone!

nosydeadkitty
14-03-09, 14:05
Hello
I get somthing similar to this too..it happens when im excited or have been rushing around. I also get distorted vision..my doctor told me it was migrain...well the aura before the headache.
pink Migreleve works for me.
Kitty