PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Citalopram

Kirst
13-02-09, 19:03
Hi,

I've been prescribed Citalopram 20mg for panic attacks. I took my first tablet Monday before going to bed then woke early hours of Tuesday throwing up and felt very unwell for the next few days has anyone else experienced this if so how long does it last? I took Citalopram a few years ago but did not have any side effects like these!!!

Also I have a stinking cold and today took 2 Anadin tablets within 20 minutes of taking them I was shaking, dizzy, feeling sick and very blurred vision does does Citalopram react badly with asprin?

I feel absolutely awful please reassure me this will pass QUICKLY!!!

suzy-sue
13-02-09, 19:16
Hi Kirst sorry you arent well.It says on the info sheet you shouldnt take aspirin or ibrprofen,best to stick to paracetamol. But it wont of done you any harm,so dont worry.Some of your symptons could be side effects or perhaps its a combination of the cold and the tabs at the same time.If you go to the Citalopram threads youll find lots of info.I t may be too high a dose to start this time ,the body has a way of changing it s metabolism . Hope you feel better soon luv sue :hugs:

Kirst
13-02-09, 19:30
Thanks,

I will have a look, I am new to this so wasn't sure where to start.

Trouble is not knowing what is causing me to feel worse the Citalopram or the cold and now worried about taking anything for the cold after this mornings incident! :weep:

jojo74
13-02-09, 22:14
Hi

I took citalopram 20mg 4 years ago for panic/anxiety and made me very manic and panicky and i ended up having extreme anxiety which turned into mania. I am drug sensitive and my dosage was too high...but the docs prescribed me tranquilizers and diazepam to calm the side effects down. You do get quite bad side effects with anti-depressants but every one is an individual. If you start to feel really unwell i suggest going back to the docs and reveiwing your dosage and medication. Your side effects seem quite common on these types of drugs, but agree with previous posts don't take asprin, Having a cold too will make you feel even worse. Generally you can feel quite unwell for 2-3 weeks after first taking before things improve. I was an exception, citalopram was not right for me. But the side effects you are expereincing i wouldn't be too concerned about, if you notice things worsening then go back to docs for a reveiw.

Good luck!! I'm sure things will improve for you xx