PDA

View Full Version : (Smokeing/Acid reflux)Need help

Andyroo
14-02-09, 08:20
hey im 23 male ive been smoking for like a month now maybe less.. and well today i woke up and my chest is abit sore... i normaly get a sore chest because i have really bad acid reflux but im worried... im going to quit smoking now.. but im so worried its somthing serious.. im to scared to see a doctor.. it only just started to day ... can there be something seriously wrong? i do get chest pains with acid reflux sometimes but because ive been smoking now im thinking its somthing serious... is there a link between acid reflux and smoking? has anyone ever had chest pains due to smoking? .. plz im not asking for people to tell me i need to see a doctor im already freaked out enough... plus its not as easy for me to see a doctor as it is for you guys ''trust me'' experiences and advice id much appreciate:weep:

lorrifarko
14-02-09, 10:35
Hi malv, smoking can make acid reflux worse as can eating spicy food, alcohol ect.. If it feels the same kind of pain that you get with your acid reflux then i wouldnt worry about it. I know you dont want to a doctor but maybe you should to put your mind at ease. Do you have any other symptoms? the more you dwell on it the more you'll feel it. Take care x

Vanilla Sky
14-02-09, 10:40
Hi Malv, if you've only been smoking a month then do yourself a favour and quit now before you get really hooked! Iv been smoking for years and have been trying to give up for years. Its strange how a lot of us with health anxiety still smoke and we still obsses about our health. its crazy. My guesss is that the smoke is irritating your stomach and therefor making the reflux worse, anxiety makes it worse also as does certain foods, but only you will know what those foods are. Do you take meds for the reflux? Maybe you need a change if its not doing what its meant to do . I get chest pain with reflux sometimes, but i now know thats what it is , so many times i wanted to get medical help coz o thought it was my heart. I know when anxiety levels are high we dont always know it, maybe we are relaxed and things are happening in our bodies and we think well i cant be anxious coz im watching a film etc etc so we go into overdrive and the symptoms get worse! Ive had every symptom going and im still here ! Get something for the acid and just give up the cigs anyway, be a non smoker hope soon i will be to love paige x x

mickh555
14-02-09, 16:13
Give up smoking .Ask the chemist for something like Asilone for the acid.You,ll be fine.