PDA

View Full Version : do you know when your anxiety is returning?

meggyjo
14-02-09, 08:36
Well I'm having a busy morning, my fourth post today. This is because I was up early, feeling lousy.
As I have said before I first suffered a full on anxiety/panic disorder 5/6 years ago which hit me practically overnight. (Although looking back I think I had experienced some sort of anxiety disorder since I was 18 when I was quite ill for several weeks with a virus. I heard my mother telling a friend that if an older person had had it they would probably have died! I think this sowed the seed to a life of health anxiety) I have had small reoccurances over the years. And am currently experiencing one now. I seem to know when its coming, I get a couple of weeks whereby I am absolutley compulsive with the housework etc, everything has to be done by a certain time and in order. It's great in some ways the house is immaculate.! Then comes the worrying, usually health, heart, lungs, head, in turn this leads to the panic attacks, then comes the waking early, dry mouth, fuzzy head, sweating, shaking and tears.
Does anyone else know when their anxiety is brewing or do you all have it come on suddenly.?:shrug:

june
14-02-09, 11:53
Never have a clue it just comes out of the blue.
After a PA I try not to think about and the a few weeks / days / months it will strike right to the core.
Anxiety can be a creaper just kinda stays under the surface.
june

Rachel_N
14-02-09, 15:17
I agree with June, my anxiety is always there under the surface. Then I start worrying about something and all the anxiety and panic comes flooding out. I cannot control it at all. I am on meds that don't seem to be working so have upped the dose and will see GP on Monday.

Yvonne
14-02-09, 20:40
Meggy - it's good that you have breaks from it.

Have you had a lot of stress recently, or more stress than normal during the last few months. Anxiety has a habit of kicking in when we have had stress over a period of time.

You know yourself, a recurrence of an anxiety state may be coming on but don't dwell on it - keep the thoughts to "just having a bad day" or something like that.

Take care.

Claude O
16-02-09, 02:08
I have had my worst about 5 years ago too! but as a contractor in the states and the economy is in the dumps, I have returned to bad thoughts and palpatations. I am soooooo afraid its comng back so I am trying to stay one step ahead. My Dr. is cool and gives me yearly scripts just to keep the edge off. I pray it stays dormant

meggyjo
16-02-09, 08:20
Hi Yvonne,

Yes you're right I have had a bit of a stressful time lately, my husband is self employed in the construction industry and the work situation is tentative.
Also my father in law had a stroke 3 weeks ago and is going to be in hospital
( I hate hospitals, makes feel panicky just going to visit) for several more weeks, this involoves a 2 hour round trip everyday although we are going to have to cut it down, it is taking its toll on our family,( I know this sounds awful but we cant all end up ill) leaving the kids with friends and my husband is trying to work and then visit. So yes I suppose this could have something to do with it. I always find winter time the worst and Christmas as well.