PDA

View Full Version : Nervous

PaulR
14-02-09, 12:10
Having only just been diagnosed with HA I still do not understand everything about it although the symptoms on NMP have helped.
I am trying to think positively and not think I'm dying everytime I get a twinge and I feel very guilty when i see front page headlines on poor jade Goody.

For me the anxiety does die down in the evenings but as soon as I wake up it back with a vengeance but I don't really know what I'm nervous about. Is it common to be anxious and not know what you are anxious about?

MelodyMan
14-02-09, 22:16
Hi there. I am glad that you are trying to think positively. I too have just been diagnosed with HA. It can be a very lonely and frightening experience. I get good days and bad days. Every little pain I get I always think it's something serious. I have experienced all the symptoms but end up worrying about them too which makes it worse, thus creating a vicious circle. I just have to keep reminding myself that it's just all in the mind and that thousands of others around the world are going through the same thing, so we are not alone.

vastano
16-02-09, 12:08
Hi Paul

I know exactly how you feel and i have felt this way for many years. I am always a little better at night when i am home and then as soon as i wake up it starts again. I worry obsessively about every little thing i have and this can last for weeks until i forget or i am too tired to worry anymore. Just now i am worry about my lower back and i am convinced there is something wrong. I feel so guilty as i have a great wife and 3 month old son and should not be getting into this mess with my mind. I drink too much as well but only to relax myself and numb the pain. It is amazing how strong your mind can be as there are times when i am relaxed and forget my worries only for them to return. Total nightmare!

Norwich
16-02-09, 12:35
I also suffer from this problem, I have my good times and bad and in fact was virtually ok for the last couple of years but since November I have been continually worrying about my health and in my less ludid moments am convinced I have a nerological condition (even though the doctors tell me I haven't). My main concerns are shaking hands/fingers, stiff/sore/twitching toes and being unable to relax my jaw which I am very concious about at the moment. I guess its just the way we anxiety sufferers interpret things, my wife for example had a bad stomach ache last week and just ignored it whereas I would have been unable to sleep for thinking about what it could be (obviously I'd have concluded with the worst case scenario as well).

Dotcom
16-02-09, 12:43
Hi

I have suffered with depression and anxiety since my teens and I can say that I always feel better in the evening, I dont know why.

Maybe its the thought that I have got through another day !

Be strong,
Joanne