PDA

View Full Version : Definitely light at end of tunnel

bigbaz2005
18-07-05, 10:51
for me anyway.

At the height of this illness, I was spending about 20 hours a day in bed terrifed I was going to pass out. This went on for a few weeks. Since being diagnosed, I have been taking Propranolol and have now had 3 seesions of CBT.

Well the change has been unbelievable. I started work again last week, I have started going to the gym again to shed the 18lbs I put on from doing nothing all day, and last Friday actually met some friends in a pub, on my own, without having a chaparone for the first time since April
You could tell how much better I was because my friends were actually taking the piss out of me for various things, which they would never have dreamed of if they thought I was 'fragile' or unwell.

I am a long way from having beaten this yet. However my doctor said something to me a while back. She said you have to weigh the good experiences against the bad and eventtually the scales will start to tip towards the good and you will start to feel better, well I think the scales have levelled out and are starting to tip my way. If this is the European Cup Final, I'm Liverpool, the panic is AC Milan and I was 3-0 down at half time, but now I think I have just equallised. Now lets see if I cant beat this git on penalties!!!!

Barry

trac67
18-07-05, 10:59
Hi Barry,
Well done Hun, I am so pleased that you can now see 'the light at the end of the tunnel', it is a really good feeling isn't it, when you are able to actually start 'living again'.
You are like you said over half way there, so keep going hun and you will win 'the match'.
Take Care
Trac:D

its "just a thought"

seh1980
18-07-05, 11:04
Good for you Barry!! Keep working on it and you'll crack it soon enough :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Meg
18-07-05, 14:08
Barry

That is great news . Glad you're making such quick positive progress.

Onwards !

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

pips
18-07-05, 16:43
Good On Ya Well Done keep up the POSITIVE attitude that's great!

Take care,

Love PIP'S X

angieb
18-07-05, 17:39
Barry - well done mate - positive mental attitude plays a big part doesn't it!!!!

When your cup seems more half full than half empty it is a good feeling.

Well done [^]

nomorepanic
18-07-05, 18:32
Barry

Lovely to hear from you again and I am so pleased that you came back to post about your great news.

I hope things continue to get better for you.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Karen
18-07-05, 19:41
Well done Barry. Glad you are doing so well.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

pinkscrumpy
18-07-05, 22:00
Well done Barry Thats fantastic

MANDIE XX

bigbaz2005
19-07-05, 19:40
Thanks to everyone for their support, I have my fingers firmly crossed that this continues and some day in the near future I can experience long periods without feeling the effects of anxiety or panic.

In the mean time, I am coping better every day and the symptoms ease every day

Bazza

sal
19-07-05, 23:48
Barry

Well done for how you have improved and it will continue trust me.

You have the confidence now to see you can get better days and they will last longer.

Hope it is going well still mate and hope it continues.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.