PDA

View Full Version : am i the only one

Gemma T
14-02-09, 17:32
Hey everyone

i was wondering if anyone can help me. Well i get anxiety and panic attacks on a regular basis but im a little worried coz i have so many symptoms. i had chest pains for months then it was palpitations. my top left lip tingles. my left leg was numb and aching and became painful when i walked on it. then it was my left arm then right arm now the left leg again. i get dizzy spells and i start feeling sick like im about to pass out. ive had 2 ecg and my blood pressure is fine. i know its my anxiety attacks but i feel like im the only one with all these symptoms.

Does anyone else get these symptoms one after another?

Please help.

Love Gemma T

sMINT
14-02-09, 18:10
Its nothing to worry about when getting all these symptoms.

I often get more than one symptom when I get an attack:

-I feel really sick like Im about to be any minute
-I go really dizzy
-Heart racing
-Sweating
-Weird feeling in my face like all tingly
-Heart skipping beats

All at the same time aint nice at all.

eternally optimistic
14-02-09, 20:34
Hi

Thats sounds like something I had about 12 years ago.

I was pregnant with my daughter and the hospital thought it was a hormone related migraine because I had a bad head. Hadnt had these before. Its only now I look back I realise it was probably a panic attack.

It was really scarey, I had a numb arm, irrated throat (bit like reaction,
unable to talk probably. It was all very bizarre.

It happended twice, both when pregnant and never reoccured.

It all sounds normal and if you checked it all out with your Doc then it probably is anxiety.

Adam Thompson
14-02-09, 20:50
i know how it feels...with me its completely random things, i have had ecg, mri etc.all docs keep sayin is they dont know what it is.

i can have dizzy ness, disorientation, prickly heat, numbness, tingles chest pain, back pain...hate it

but its all random all over my body from head to legs...suymptoms last for a week a month, then its sumthin else etc.v tiring

Dazo
15-02-09, 08:05
Hi Gemma,you are not the only one i can tell you that. I have the same feelings and i get them almost every day now. I am in a bad circle for the moment and hope to come out from it really soon.

Blot
15-02-09, 16:20
Hi Gemma, just know that you are not the only one experiencing these symptoms, I generally have a cluster of symptoms too. Hang in there!

xxBlot

Gemma T
15-02-09, 21:13
Thanks for everyone reply. It really helps. I certainly feel like im on my way to recovery with all the support.

Thanks again everyone. Take care x x x

Forrest Gump
16-02-09, 18:56
I get them too, chest pains, palpitations, sharp occasional stabbing pains in my side, neck, arms and legs. For the past week I've taken Xanax and it basically removed everything but the chest pain and palpitations, making me aware of how strong the mind and body is in evoking all kinds of pains, that are not actually dangerous. I'm not going to continue taking Xanax 'cos of the addictiveness, but it really has helped me learn about my pains and anxiety. For me, there is a side story to this in that I actually do have a diagnosed heart problem. But several cardiologists that have tested me thoroughly insists that most of my pain and problems are still anxiety related, if not all of them. The doctors especially noted that wandering pains is a very common result of anxiety and panic attacks. ("Wandering pains" meaning that one day it's here, one day it's there, different pains from moment to moment, week to week etc).

Hang in there Gemma :)

jl1987
16-02-09, 19:05
Hi Gemma you are definitely not alone I experience a lot of the pains you have mentioned above and eventhough I'm always convinced there is an underlying cause the doctors normally cannot find an explanation leaving only anxiety to blame. Stay strong, you are not alone!

mick_uk
16-02-09, 19:14
Hi Gemma,
You are by no means alone. They are the classic symptoms of panic unfortunately. Hang on in there.

mick