PDA

View Full Version : Do medications help

south450
14-02-09, 21:51
Peter Breggin wrote a number of books about medications.
He does not believe in them.
http://www.breggin.com/

Whats your opinion on this subject.

panicdiva
14-02-09, 22:32
my opinion is this: I believe that for some people it works, and for some people it does not work. I think that everyone is unique, therefore symptoms are unique, coping methods are unique, and meds working or not is an individual thing. I don't believe that anyone can say it works for all or does not work for all. Everyone has to do what is best for them.

Phil H
16-02-09, 15:51
If a benzo like Xanax does not 100% cure you at the correct dosage for you then your anxiety/panic has to be questioned and must sought further investigation

bananas13
17-02-09, 06:22
xanax doesnt work for everyone... for me, an antiphysotic called "risperdal" has helped me tremendously

gofishing
17-02-09, 07:57
my opinion is this: I believe that for some people it works, and for some people it does not work

And in my opinion, certianly the medication will not cure PAs, although it may help the symptoms. But, for people with suicidal thoughts with severe PAs, anything helpful should be tried to avoid the suicide. But irony is that some medication seems to be responsible for the suicidal acts. Again, as a christian, i think Jesus is the only hope and the best counselor in this matter.

samc100
17-02-09, 14:39
For panic attacks I found meds did not cure it - but they helped me get into a position mentally where I could gradually start to get my life on a even keel and then I could help myself to improve.

If there was 1 med that cured P.A.'s for everyone - we'd all be on it and Nic would have loads of free time for herself!