PDA

View Full Version : been

vernon
18-07-05, 11:42
Well just got back from dentist lol. She was nice and seemed good and two teeth need extracting, I told her about my eye surgery and she said it would be ok to take them out now, as I wouldn’t have to go through the anxiety again another time. She used the gel to freeze the gum like I asked and she took one out first to see if I would be ok to have other out. Was shaking and heart beating so fast? But I had them both out, as I probs wouldn’t have gone back. Wow what a relief had toothache there for over two years lol. Eye surgery after cancelling for 3 years and teeth done after cancelling for over 2 years all within 10 days lol. Is it normal to feel like I have toothache still just after having tooth out? Also a little swelling on my jaw? The other thing does anyone have a smoke after a tooth out? It says on paper don’t smoke for 3 days. But dentist said up to me if I smoke but it can slow down the healing and can increase risk of infection. Thanks all for support. Vernon

tattybear
18-07-05, 11:46
Well Done Vern!!

Thats fantastic news - and great that you had it done there and then to eliminate andy further anxiety if you had to go back. And also brilliant that they were able to use the gel......You must feel so relieved having now got it sorted!

Yeah, it is normal for it to ache or feel tender after its been done, and your jaw mite ache or feel sore too, it can last from a few days to a couple of weeks, but painkillerrs normally take the edge of it...its normal fr it to feel like that so no need to worry.

Really really pleased that its all worked out :D

Tatty B xx

Quirky
18-07-05, 11:49
Congratulations Vern,
Wow what an achievement for you in the last ten days, well done.
it's natural to feel what you're feeling with jaw swelling etc. When I had an extraction I was advised to gargle with salt water for a few days to prevent infection, it helped it heal quicker too.
Take care,
LJ

trac67
18-07-05, 11:50
Hey Hun,
Well done, another big achievement for you, there is no stopping you now Vern, your on a roll.
Speak to you later.
Love Trac:D

its "just a thought"

vernon
18-07-05, 11:51
thankks Tatty yes it does seem to hurt quite a bit now might take a pain killer before the numbness wears off. LOL i thoght tooth out end of pain. Dying for a smoke too lol to calm me down. thanks.

henri
18-07-05, 11:53
Vern,
Well what can i say, that is a fantastic achievement and great news!
You have done so well and you have been braver than a lot of us would have been. Don't worry if your mouth is feeling tender or if it hurts a little - it's only natural. you have just had two teeth pulled out after all!
love henri x

vernon
18-07-05, 11:54
thanks all, LJ they said dont gargle salt watter until tomorrow just drink and eat cold for today and try not to spit out. lol reminds me dont u miss the siggy and a nice cuppa at the most important time. thanks

EmmaJane
18-07-05, 12:18
A very well done Vernon. Yes swelling and soreness is normal after extraction. It can take a few days\weeks to heal properly. I looked like id stepped out of the boxing ring for about 3 days LOL.

Smoking I gave up over 4 yours ago, but I know it can aggrevate the wound after extractions/surgery.

Give yourself a pat on the back. Very positive steps taken.

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

kairen
18-07-05, 13:03
Well done Vern, you have done really well, maybe now could bbe a good time to stop smoking ????? just a thought

I had my wisdom teeth out a few years ago i couldnt believe how quick it was i think i was expecting him to really pull hard i didnt even know he had taken them out lol,,

Your doing so well facing all your fears head on and getting through it

take care Vern keep up the gargling LOL

kairen x

mumof4
18-07-05, 13:34
well done vernon im so happy for u i wish i could do it.

was it that sore getting them out?

it is normall for them to be sore for a while and ur jaw will swell but by tonight u will be fine. when my sister got hers out she smoked after it.

i wish i had ur courage.

hoe did u manage to sit there and let them do it when my trys to jag me i run how did u just sit there.

Meg
18-07-05, 13:45
Vernon.

Wow totally fantastic !!

You have been amazingly proactive these last few weeks . Its great to see .

A full body MOT - anything else to tell us about ??

Congratulations indeed.

Meg xx

Meg
18-07-05, 13:48
This was the prequel

dentist (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4395)

vernon
18-07-05, 14:24
Thinks all you have all been great friends.
Taylor good luck for tomorrow its hard but try not to worry and no it didn’t really hurt at all I asked for the Gel and she put some on some dressing and left it in my mouth for a few seconds and I didn’t hardly feel the injection it was just like a scratch. At first I was going to return to have them removed, then I said take one out first, I was real shaky and fast heartbeat but said ok take the other out don’t have to return at all then. The actual pulling out of the teeth was only about a second and felt nothing at all. What I did to distract was what my wife was told once has she used to have a bad phobia about injections, Really twiddle and move your toes as fast and hard as u can keep your mind on your toes and keep seeing how fast u can twiddle them and maybe pinch your leg to. Sounds funny but the distraction worked for me. Good luck tomorrow. Vernon xxx

Piglet
18-07-05, 14:43
Well done Vernon - you seem to be totally on a roll!!!!!!!!

Love Piglet [8D]:D[8D]:D[8D]:D[8D]:D[8D]

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

seh1980
18-07-05, 15:47
WELL DONE VERN:D[:P]:D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

pips
18-07-05, 16:29
WELL DONE VERNY YOU DID SO WELL I AM PROUD MATE!

Take care,

Love PIP'S X

Karen
18-07-05, 19:39
Very well done Vern!

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

nomorepanic
18-07-05, 20:18
Vern

Well done mate - u really are coming on in leaps and bounds now.

Bet you are well chuffed with yourself now!

xx

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

vernon
18-07-05, 20:38
thanks all xx

pinkscrumpy
18-07-05, 21:59
Well done Vern. You did fantastic

MANDIE XX

Lottie32
19-07-05, 09:51
So glad I read your post Vern . I've got to have one out (but no hurry, it is not causing me a problem yet) and I'm carking my self about it!!!!

Your post was soooo reasuring, I shall book it soon. (I think).

This is the second positive affirmation that I've had concerning dentists!

I'm now thinking positive, and NOT thinking about me being the only one that things will go wrong for, cos they always do (well not thinking too much anyway)

Thanks for sharing that Vern, it's made me a lot more confident, and I now feel lucky that I've only got ONE to worry about!!!!!

LOL

Love

Charlie

Nemesis - I JFDI'd IT!!!!!!

vernon
19-07-05, 15:29
Lottie go for it the worst part for me was before i even made an appointment, If need be find another dentist and ask them if they will use the gel that freezes the gum before they inject. The injection is brilliant now you dont even have to wait it only takes seconds to freeze the gum. I went with full intent on having nothing done and when i found how easy it was having one out decided to do them both. There is realy nothing to it but it still dont stop us shaking and feeling so scared? Try and twiddle your toes as fast as you can while they are doing it and just think of your toes and nothing els, it worked for me and it does for wife. Its ourself i think we are realy scared of? becouse we have so many fears? take care and do it its nothing. Vernon

shybabyboo
19-07-05, 23:26
congrats on getting through all of that. i remember when i had to get all 4 of my wisdom teeth taken out awhile ago. they had given me 2 valiums, 1 to take the night before and a half of one the day of. it helped alot. they had stuck me with the needle atleast 10-15 times, most times i didnt really feel it.

my mouth was sore and my jaw was in pain, although i thought it was only because my jaw sometimes pops out of place [:P]

i was also told to not smoke for 3 days. i did though. i would smoke a little bit of a cigarette every few hours or so though. mainly cause i was sleeping most of the time.

i have to go back aug. 16th for another check-up, then i go back on the 27th to get a fill in. i dont really get that nervous though cause ive been to the dentists so many times and ive gotten through it each time. i just tell myself that over and over again.

Jenn

sal
19-07-05, 23:42
Vern

You never give in and face whatever you have to and that is a credit to you and an inspiration to all of us.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.