PDA

View Full Version : My Story :)

Jzex
15-02-09, 00:40
Hi I am overcoming a panic dissorder so i thought i would share my story with you.
Im a 16 year old girl and i used to suffer from panic attaks.
It all started when I was 14 and began to feel ill all the time, because of this I was having time off school and my absenceness began to build up meaning nobody was now believing i was ill. I would be half way to school and making my mum turn round as I really could not go. Everyone was becoming really fustrated with me and decieded to use some shock tactics on me eg. forcing me into school, embrassing me infront of large groups. It eventually became so bad I wouldn't go to school. I now haven't been to school for 2 years which has really affected my personal life, I lost contact with all my friends how ever hard i tried and they began resenting me as they thought I was not really ill.
Eventully my mum tricked me into going to doctors but when I was there I refused to enter the building where the doctor had to come to the car and saw how bad I had became, he then refurred me to Cognitaval behvioul theraphy. I had become so ill I didn't leave the house, I would stay in bed all day be to scared to answer the phones, answer the door or even be in the same room as people. These effects to my body were so confussing to a 14 year old girl I started to become very fustrated and often lashed out. I experinced all the symptoms I have now read about but before I knew what they were I honestly thought I had something serioulsy wrong with me. It wasn't until I irst attended CBT I knew the symptoms worse which grew on my fear as if I had a cold etc I honestly believed something terrible was happening to me. At CBT I was taught ways to cope with my anxity and each week they set me goals to acheive.

Within 4months I was signed off the therapy and I am now in part time education gradually getting back into school. I do occasionally have the odd attack but now I do know how to cope and what it is. I now feel I have my purpose back to life and now I go everywhere I can. I had amazing support from my family but the only person who can help your self is you. If I could help anyone suffering from what I did it would be get your self some help!! I am extraordinarly proud of myself and I beleive what ever anybody has said I've had my life lesson and I think I'm a better person for it :)

Stressed92
15-02-09, 18:27
Well Done!! :D

Your story sounds very similar to mine. I'm sixteen and have left school too. But now I am much better and going to uni next year to do a further education course in animal management. So good to hear your story.

Take care
Amy
x

Southern_Belle
19-02-09, 13:45
Hi Jzex,

Well done on taking your life into your own hands and turning it back around. It is always very difficult to face fear head on and conquer it especially at a young age but you did it and now you are going on with your life. You should be very proud!

Take care,

Laura

lorac
19-02-09, 14:52
Hi Jzex

Sounds to me like you have done a great job in turning your life around and making it work for you, well done. I wish you luck with your future you should be really proud of yourself.

Carol

sunshine-lady
19-02-09, 23:04
Well done :yesyes:

You should be very proud of yourself. It is so hard to turn your life around when things get so bad, but YOU did it! You are an inspiration to all anxiety sufferers :yesyes:

take care xxx

Jzex
20-02-09, 19:05
Thankyou so much everyone all your comments are a massive confidence boster! :D :D Just keep positive everyone and Good Luck :):D