PDA

View Full Version : Fast Heart Rate And Ectopics For No Reason

willtheconk1998
15-02-09, 00:57
Hi Everyone,

I suffer from regular ectopic heartbeats and have been plagued by them for many years, occasionally too over the last couple of years I have suffered from bouts of what I have been told is sinus tachycardia and my GP says it is anxiety related. The thing that frightens me most is that it just comes out of the blue and can last for hours normally around 100 to 130 bpm.
Tonight I was out for a meal and was quite relaxed when out of the blue after I had eaten I was aware my heart was beating fast and checked my pulse and it was 120 so I freaked out a bit and the next thing I knew it was up at 140!! it stayed there for about 10 mins and then went down to around 130 then to 120bpm for over an hour then to around 110 for a while and is now down to around 80bpm (My normal is between 70 and 80) I was just wondering if anyone else gets this and if they get ectopics at the same time. I got really scared tonight I didn't go to hospital which I have done 4 times before and been told it is sinus tachycardia and benign ectopic arrythmia. and sent home....... anyone else??

kawasaki kid
15-02-09, 11:11
how are we bud

just to let you no mate....i put a post on here yesterday about a certain med used widely to completely suppress ectopics and its other uses are to combat a fast heart rate such as vt....af.....wpw......if you are fit and healthy mate, you will be eligable for this med with no further detrement to your health......im starting it monday.........beta-blockers are not the way forward and theres no need for us to live and suffer like we are........read the post bud and let me no your thoughts...........speak soon bud....chris:yesyes:

willtheconk1998
15-02-09, 17:08
I have a GP appointment tomorrow and will mention these tablets and see if he thinks they are appropriate.
I am going to push to be re reffered to cardiologist too.
Surely 5000 ectopics a day cant be good and with the sinus tachycardia yesterday my health anxiety is back to an all time high again and I am convinced I am on the vere of sudden cardiac death or a massive heart attack and it is ruining my life.