PDA

View Full Version : Throat Flutters

soggypops
15-02-09, 09:27
Hi Ive not bee on site for about 10months and was doing so well. Just lateley ive been having THROAT FLUTTERS ? my heart rate is nice and normal but these flutters are scaring me !! It makes me cough and can come and go but some can last for around 10 minutes or more. So i go round the house coughing to try and get rid of it.

Anyone else had this? I thoughty it was my heart bcause it feels like little palps in your throat?

I have been working realy hard at the moment as ive set up my own bussiness.
Any adice before it sends me mad please.:shrug:

Missy69
15-02-09, 09:37
Hiya,

I used to get these all the time, and it does feel as though you have palp in your throat doesnt it.

The only way they stopped for me was to just ignore them, dont make a fuss or make them any bigger than what you need to. Just let them come and let them go,

Same old thing with anxiety, the more attention and fear you give them, the more they will stick around.

Hope you feel better soon.

soggypops
15-02-09, 23:11
thanks for your reply. Im trying to ignore them its very hard . Ive been working about 50hours a week at the moment and dont have anytime to myself.

I will try really hard and hope its just a hick up as i have come so far over this past year . i would hate to get back to how i used to be, i thought i would never get back to this again.

I stll take 40mg of Cipralex every day and it has made such a difference to my life until now.

anyway love to all
soggypops
xxxx

PHOBIA MAN
16-02-09, 04:52
use this technique although it's hard to do it justice via email do your best.
Read this through so you understand it, then do it.
This flutter... give it a colour, the first colour you think of.
if you need to wait until you get the flutters, then do so.
Now think of a place, thing or thought that is relaxing, calming or very pleasant, got it? now give that a colour (should be different from other)
also where in your body do you get the nice relaxing feeling (really think about the relaxing feeling and tune into the feeling as you give it a colour)
Now do this next bit quite quickly...
First think of the flutter colour and where it is, NOW think of the relaxing colour and where it is in your body and quickly imagine that colour whooshing to your flutter area and changing it's colour to the relaxing colour, make that relaxing colour bright and vivid in the new area, imagine it engulfing that whole area.
repeat this a few times to train your mind to make this quick change automatically. Even if you do get a flutter in future whoosh the relaxing colour and change that flutter colour, get it?
This can be very effective in quickly reducing the flutter right there and then.
This is an NLP technique called a swish pattern and it can be used to change bad feelings.
In addition to this MAKE TIME to have even a few relaxing moments in a day, no matter where you are just take some deep breaths and agree to begin work thoughts later, but for now use your imagination to go somewhere nice in your mind, maybe get an mp3 player with relaxing music, surely you can manage 2/3 five mins relaxations in a day, schedule them in! and relax before you go to bed, and NOOO caffeine drinks at least 4/5 hour before bedtime.
If you are drinking a lot of coffee or tea then GRADUALLY reduce them for their decaf version or water/juice etc, do the transition methodically over 2 weeks because caffeine withdrawal can be difficult even if you don't drink that much.
Delegate work if possible! switch off on your days of!

Katiex
31-12-09, 16:03
omg I am so glad I found this thread I have had these flutters constantly for 2 weeks now and they make me cough. Yes very similar to a heart plapitation but my heart is beating normally its just my throat thats fluttering. I've had allsorts of test and all have come back clear. Waiting for full thyroid test results and endoscopy appointment but I am so glad I am not alone.

I feel much more relaxed now that its not just me. Obviously not very nice that others are going through it though.

NeverRelaxed
31-12-09, 17:51
i get this and i too have gotthem confused with palps!! they are so similar

Katiex
31-12-09, 23:51
I've just found an article and thought I'd share as this could well be the answer.

http://www.throatproblems.co.uk/can-shouting-damage-vocal-cords.html

Everybody shouts at some point but to be honest I have anger problems and shout ALOT. I was thinking maybe this is irritation of the vocal chords due to shouting. When you relax the vocal chords are seperated so maybe if the edges are irritated through shouting, air passing through as you breath, along with the pulse in that area of your throat create a vibrating feeling.

Heres another article on keeping the throat healthy

http://www.throatproblems.co.uk/keeping-your-throat-healthy.html

Hope this helps. :)