PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

AW
15-02-09, 10:56
Hi,

I am not too sure what to write so I guess I'll just say why I am here!

I started having panic attacks after I was involved in a fatal RTA in 1997. It was initially a one off but I couldnt stop thinking about it and ended up becoming quite severely depressed and having obsessive thoughts etc. Ended up being put on venlafaxine 75mg MR and have been on and off them ever since. They do help a hell of a lot but fear now I am on them for life!

As I was in the RAF they tried CBT, EMDR and general counselling for which I am incredibly grateful to them for. I dont think I could have accessed or afforded that kind of care if it were not for the RAF.

I left the forces last year and was feeling pretty good in all. I had been diagnosed with GAD which annoyed me as it felt as if it were a generic term for someone who they couldn't diagnose. Anyway since leaving the RAF I have taken a bit of nosedive which I have attributed to the transition to civilian life but I seem to be getting progressivly worse as time goes on not better as I'd have expected. Now I am suffering from incredible pressure headaches where I feel like my had is going to burst, dizziness and ear/jaw ache. I guess all these are connected somehow in the wierd world of ENT but that is what brought me to this website (googled symptoms!!).

In all this time of dealing with anxiety I wish I had know this forum existed!!!

Anyway that is me and I guess I didnt struggle so much in writing something afterall! I am sorry if you are now asleep after reading this but thankyou for taking the time to read it!

I hope I can become an active memeber of this forum and look forward to chatting.

Anthony

pink daisy
15-02-09, 11:00
Hi Anthony

Welcome to nmp.
You will get alot of advice here and make good friends on the way too

maybe pop into our chat room some time and get to know some of us in there x

AW
15-02-09, 11:03
Hiya,

Thankyou pink-daisey I may venture into the chat room but I am always a bit hesitant when it comes to them. I never know what to say!

I will give it a try soon though and thanks again for the welcome!

AW
15-02-09, 14:12
Hi Tetley

Thankyou also for your warm welcome! Its always hard to be a newbie eh but I will give it a go!!

Anthony

mau
15-02-09, 14:21
Hi Anthony, I'm a newbie myself (google led me here too).

AW
15-02-09, 14:28
Hey Mau!

Here's to us newbies lol! It makes a change for google to come up with something of use for a change!!

Veronica H
15-02-09, 16:20
:welcome: Anthony. Glad you have found us.

Veronica

weeble40
15-02-09, 17:18
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

AW
15-02-09, 21:40
Thankyou all for your welcomes! x

Vanilla Sky
15-02-09, 22:27
Hi Anthony, youv come to the right place, you will find support and understanding here, see you in chat sometime, its a good place to go for distraction, welcome to nmp love paige x

AW
15-02-09, 22:32
Thankyou Paige I feel very welcome already. just cant believe I haven't found this site earlier. There have been times where I needed a place where people understood what I was feeling! x

sunshine-lady
16-02-09, 00:11
Hi Anthony and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

Patty
16-02-09, 15:37
Hi Anthony, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :D

Lilcharlie
21-02-09, 10:26
Hey hunni and WELCOME i havnt long joined this site and love it already,

Everyone is so warm and welcome its just great

I suffer with panic attacks anxiety severly and have done since i was 19 and im now 24

If you want to know anything pm me your always welcome xx

lovelife
21-02-09, 11:10
Hello! I'm a newbie too yey!
I've always been looking for a site like this but only found it recently too. =)
What do you do now? Perhaps, if you don't have such an indepth job, you have more time to worry/invent/find symptoms?

Southern_Belle
21-02-09, 11:39
Hi Anthony,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you feel and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura

lorac
21-02-09, 11:51
Hi

Welcome to the site, glad you found us. I think you will find some good advice and support on here from people who really understand.

Take care

Carol