PDA

View Full Version : It's back

SmallPurpleCat
15-02-09, 12:48
Hi all,

I have been suffering with anxiety and panic for years now - on and off and the latest episode has just begun after I started a new job.

It's so frustrating as I had been doing so well up until then and I feel disappointed with myself for getting myself in to the anxiety and panic circle again.

Basically I feel anxious all day everyday and have at least one panic attack a day. My main symptoms are constant feeling of dizziness (more like disorientation), heart palpitations and shaking.

GP has just prescribed Propanalol but I am hesitant to take them. It's the first time I've had them - last time I was given Citalopram which seemed to help with the panic but didn't help with the dizziness which stuck around for about 9 months.

I'm desperately trying to deal with this with postive thoughts etc but feel like I am being beaten - just so tired and worn down by it so I have started to take the Propanalol over the last few days - only 20mg a day but they don't seem to have much effect.

I'm going to try and get busy today and hopefully that will take my mind off of it for a while. Will log back in later.

Pleased to have found this forum.

weeble40
15-02-09, 17:19
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

sunshine-lady
16-02-09, 00:15
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

Patty
16-02-09, 15:39
Hi SmallPurpleCat, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers: