PDA

View Full Version : my daughter

mumof4
18-07-05, 13:50
my daughter is 9 years old and isnt the nicest girl, when she goes out to play she fights with everyone and causes mayhem if anyone comes near her she will scream so loud at the top of her voice and to be honest people are sick of her.

she has a few friends but she treats them like crap and they are sick of her now and most of the time they wont play with her and they now call her names which makes her temper worse,

at school she gets bullied cause of her temper and her cheekyness noone wants to be her friend.

everywhere i have moved to its been the same i thought as she got older it would get better but its got worse.

yesterday she was out playing and again she was fighting and being cheeky so i bought her inn and put her in her room, just then a few of the kids outside shouted up to me so i went to the window and there she was trying to jump out the window,

i asked her what she was playing at and she said she wanted to kill her self and and that she would be better off dead as noone likes her.

now im very concerned about her im sacred that one day she might just do it and there will be noone kids to shout to tell me.

i dont know what to do.

(sorry if this is in the wrong section)

kairen
18-07-05, 14:50
hI Taylor

sorry your having so many problems, she really sounds like an unhappy girl, i think your first step would be the doctors and im sure he can put u in touch with some one who will be able to help her,

take care and keep in touch i know how hard it must be for you

kairen x

mumof4
18-07-05, 15:46
tks for ur reply i wil take her to the doctors but i dont know what they can do.

i feel she is far to young to want to die.

bluesparkle
18-07-05, 16:35
hi...
like kairen said do take her to doctors... i have had very similar problems and didnt know where to start to get help... they will talk to you and if need be tell you where else you can go for help..
i know this is very hard for you but hang in there... and please let us know how you get on
thinking of you
rach

angieb
18-07-05, 17:12
Hi Taylor

So sorry to hear you description of your daughter, as a mother of two girls my heart goes out to you hunny.

It sounds like you need to take control of this situation fast, also sounds like your daughter has got herself into a behavior habbit that maybe she just does not know how to break.

If I were you I would speak to her school too, many of those have good support networks in place. The good news is it sounds like she can now see the results of her actions - people don't like her, at least not the little girls that she is currently showing them. Perhaps encouraging her to show the nicer sides of her personality to her friends will show her that if she is nice, they in return will be nice back.

Don't you just wish there was a user friendly manuel that arrived with each kid!!!!!

The one thing I would say (god knows how mind you) is try not to let her see that you are overly worried by her comments about wanting to die, if she see's this gets a rise a you she may be tempted to use it as a way of getting your attention. There is a lot of support out there for kids these days, getting your doctor and school on-side I am sure wil turn things around for you.

Take care (((()))) Big Hug

mumof4
18-07-05, 18:38
tks i hve spoken to the school just before they finished up and the teacher did talk to the other kids in her class.

sheknows she has a problem but she says she cant stop doing it she cant help it.

i have made the appoitment for the doctors on the 4th of august first one i could get and hopelfully he can help.

tks for ur help

Sue K with 5
21-07-05, 23:36
Hi Taylor

I had a similar problem with my daughter last year she fell out with everyone in school and although she made friends easily she lost them just as quickly with her mouth, she does not fight physically but when her mouth goes she makes people dislike her

I took Jade to see a councellor and I have to say the progress she made was brilliant

Good luck with the doctor - maybe he will refer you to CAMS and they wll be able to help her and you

Sue with 5 children

scknight

alexis
22-07-05, 01:12
Hi Taylor, there should be lots of help out there for you if you need it, I had trouble with my daughter who is now an adult and one of the kindest caring people I would ever like to meet.
the most important thing is dont go it alone, involve the school, after the holidays, all work together, try to always focus on the good behaviour and continuously give praise.I know you will already be doing this but keep going even when days seem hard. Let us know how you get on Love Alexis,xx

mumof4
22-07-05, 10:13
thats her problem to she makes freinds quick aswell but she is very cheeky and mouthy that she loses them fast and then they all gang up on her and pick on her.

i feel really sorry for her i feel ist not fair on her and i dont understand why she is like that. she isnt brought uplike that.

deep down i keep thinking its my fault.

tks for ur replys.

Piglet
22-07-05, 19:48
I read once that its wise to hug and praise your kids the most, when they deserve it the least.

While you are doing that, we on the site will give you a big hug for trying your best (like Angie says it would help if they were born with instructions).

(((((((((((()))))))))))):D

Love Piglet

Sue K with 5
22-07-05, 23:38
Hi taylor

I am so glad that you have had a good response on here, and I really hope that the GP is helpful, please keep us informed, this is just a suggestion, but have you though about sitting her down and working on her interaction skills with you and her, this might give her some real mummy time and give you an insight into how she plays and how she reacts to things when she is playing!

you know triggers etx

Just an idea but I know when I tried it it worked for me

anyway take care

sue with 5

scknight

zena
24-07-05, 09:31
Can't add to any of the advise because it's all good.
Totally know where your coming from though.
My daughter Abby has turned 15 and have had problems on and off with her, including her wanting to kill herself, but, we have found that it is to get attention and also it masks the real thing that is bothering her. It took a while to work it out.
Has the school got a councelling service at all? See what the doctor says on your appointment. If your not happy with the answer persevere until your happy with the outcome.

Will be thinking off you and hope all goes well.

with good wishes

Zena