PDA

View Full Version : hi :)

amber27f
16-02-09, 03:48
Hey everyone. First of all, I just would like to say I feel so much better knowing that people all over the world are suffering from the same problems I am. I am 21 years old and have severe anxiety, the more I read I think it should be classified as Health Anxiety. I am constantly worried that something is wrong with my body. Scared to go to sleep at night because I'm afraid I won't wake up. Scared to be alone because if something happens to me, then know one will know it. I am also in nursing school, which I thought would help, but I think it makes it worse. I know all of the symptoms for everything, so when I have a symptoms, I automatically freak out, thinking it is the worst case scenario. I recently went to cardiologist because i felt my heart "skipping" beats. Stress test, echo, EKG, and venous doppler test were all performed and everything was normal. Doctors keep telling me I am too young to worry and that everything is okay with me but I have a hard time believing them. :( I also have acid reflux, but when my chest starts burning I tend to think I am having a heart attack. Sometimes I sit in my room and constantly swallow my own saliva because I am afraid my throat will just close up automatically. :( I don't know what else to do and it is driving me crazy. I just need some reassurance and encouraging words that everything will be okay and this is just anxiety related. I hope everyone has a good and peaceful rest! :)

mickh555
16-02-09, 04:43
Hiya.When you have anxiety ,you wont believe a word the doctors say.Thats just part of the whole anxiety thing.But you will be ok.Just hold on to the sure fact that it doesnt last forever.Plenty of advice on this forum to help you in the meantime.

Patty
16-02-09, 15:45
Hi Amber, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers:

sunshine-lady
16-02-09, 18:06
Hi David and :welcome:to NMP
Although I don't have health anxiety, I know people that do so can appreciate how hard this must be for you.

I am pleased that you have found us as there is so much help, support and information. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends.

take care xxx

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

cleonagh
16-02-09, 18:33
hello i no excatly how you feel i am the same way but every body just laughs at me and tells me i am mad i am glad i found nmp because we no we are not alone and hopefully it will get better for us hope to speak to you soon

weeble40
19-02-09, 08:57
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

lorac
19-02-09, 11:52
Hi

Welcome to the site I think you will find many people on here who share your worries and understand how you feel.

Take care

Carol

kittykat
19-02-09, 18:20
Hi Amber, :welcome: and i'm sure you'll find this site will really help you, take care xx

Southern_Belle
20-02-09, 01:34
Hi Amber,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you feel and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura