PDA

View Full Version : School holidays and Panicing

chicken licken
16-02-09, 12:36
Does anyone else find they are worse in the half terms and holidays.
I'm not at school myself Im a mum of 2, but I find the holidays particular hard to deal with and send the most part with more intense and frequent panics and feeling anxious.

pooh
16-02-09, 12:46
Hi there

no wonder you feel more anxious, you have two children to keep entertained and your time is gone for the periods of the holiday, well at least till they go to bed at night. Try to organise things to do like crafty things etc to keep the children occupied that way they are far less likely to focus on you for attention. Take a deep breath its a very common one that every single parent feels. You can even devise a timetable of activities that includes mum out time that the kids can get involved in. Try to take a proactive approach to dealing with the holidays rather than letting it get to a point of overwhelming you.

Hope this helps a little

Pooh x

chicken licken
16-02-09, 12:53
Thanks, craft sounds like a good idea too.

I dont understand myself , I wake up and feel overwhelmed before there's anything to be overwhelmed Im sure the kids pick up on it and react.

reallyfedup
16-02-09, 14:03
Thanks, craft sounds like a good idea too.

I dont understand myself , I wake up and feel overwhelmed before there's anything to be overwhelmed Im sure the kids pick up on it and react.

I do too. Its madness because I love my kids so much but the thought of being solely responsible for them is overwhelming!?! My kids are now 15 and 11 so can look after themselves really but I think it is the weight of the percieved responsibility that freaks me out x crazy !?:wacko: you are not alone with this love x