PDA

View Full Version : Sensitive nerves in thigh

blackbadger
16-02-09, 14:41
This is a really weird symptom which I have had for over a week now. Have you ever had flu or a very high fever and all the nerves in your scalp feel sensitive and painful to touch? Well I have the same feeling at the top of one of my thighs. Its not painful to touch though, not inflamed and there is no swelling. It just feels sensitive and on edge. Has anyone had anything similar or know what it is? Thank you.

Nechtan
16-02-09, 15:17
Hi,

Yes I've had a similar thing in my feet and lower legs. Also get it alot around the jaws and other facial muscles. I think its just overworked nerves and can affect any part of the body.

All the best

Nechtan

Ddcoo
17-02-09, 08:21
Yes, I have had this on occasions and to me it feels as though my skin has been sandpapered. It has happened on diferent parts of my body, it lasts a few days and then disappears. I have no idea what causes it.

oldwomanofthree
18-02-09, 02:45
Hi,
I have something similar to what you describine...I've had this on the front of my right thigh for 20 yrs. It is a palm sized area and it always is tingly with a numb feeling to it, and when I rub the area it feels odd.
I was told many years ago it is a very common occurance in women (especially overweight) and it happens often when pregnant- that it is a result of a particular nerve being pinched.

blackbadger
19-02-09, 19:55
I still have the 'sandpapered' thigh. I also have a glowing feeling of warmth, a bit like a hot flush going on in my hands and feet from time to time. Does anyone know what this is or have they had similar. Any reassurance would be great. thanks.