PDA

View Full Version : Is time the greatest healer?

leon_telford
16-02-09, 16:21
I'm 26 years old, will all this get better in the near future or is this with me forever?

faith
16-02-09, 16:26
you do not say what you are worried about, finding the right therapist is probably the best thing anyone could do to help their situation.

leon_telford
16-02-09, 16:39
Thats just it I don't even know half the time, suffered around say 5 panic attacks since my 1st in June last year after a 'binge drinking holiday', first was the worst on a plane.

Tankerton
16-02-09, 16:41
It will get better - Please dont let your thoughts and issues get any bigger. Seek help asap - dont be scared. The people I have been seeing are great and have helped me through some difficult times. Dont be scared to ask.

Keep the faith

Joe

leon_telford
16-02-09, 16:52
Been doctor, didnt seem that interested to be honest, took my B/P and told me that was fine.

Gave me propranolol, does a help a bit.

Gave up drinking and it got better, Sadly had a set back in December when went out binge drinking and guess what, panic attack with the hang over the day after :ohmy:

Set me back a few months, thing is I can state now NOTHING is wrong with me health wise like organ wise, just can't tell myself that :huh:

faith
16-02-09, 18:23
it seems you have two problems at least alcohol and panic attacks why not try alcoholics anonymous and possibly a counsellor who deals with alcohol related problems. My sister was an alcoholic when she was young but she has been sober for 30 years now she still attends A A to help others.

sunshine-lady
16-02-09, 18:34
I think it might help if you go back to see your GP and tell him how bad your anxiety now is and ask to be reffered for some sort of talking therapy ie CBT.

Alcohol and anxiety do not mix. You feel great when you have had a few drinks, but you really do pay for it afterwards.

Good luck xxx

leon_telford
16-02-09, 19:19
To be fair I only used to drink once a week, maybe some times twice.

But both usually binge drinking.

Like most 20's do on the weekend, guess I'm one of the unlucky ones :huh: