PDA

View Full Version : lazyness

bab
16-02-09, 21:09
does lazyness have anything to do with anxiety? I find that i have so many things to do. in the house, stuff with my kids eyc and i just cantnot be bothered - i need a good shake - someone tell me what to do

Angelai
16-02-09, 21:23
Hi bab

'Lazyness' makes it sound like it's a choice, and with anxiety it really isn't so don't feel bad. Right now, I'm sat here on the computer instead of washing up/ironing/feeding the cats/generally tidying up...

The last thing we need when we feel low is someone telling us to 'buck up', so I won't do that. As I keep being told, all these things that need to be done aren't going anywhere - they'll keep! Sometimes we just have to sit and say 'f*** it'.

Vanilla Sky
16-02-09, 21:45
Its not laziness, its all part of anxiety, lack of motivation is what is sounds like. Once you get your anxiety to a level that its controlable you will find you may regain a sense of tidiness around you, its like muddled up head, muddled up house! Just do what you feel is neccesary to keep the work under control and dont stress to much about it, itl come when you feel a bit better and you may get a rush of energy and just do it! We can be hopeful, happy cleaning when it comes lol ! Love Paige x

Mully
16-02-09, 22:56
Lack of motivation..apathy..disinterest..indifference...le thargy...listlessness etc.. can be all signs of Anxiety/ Depression etc.

I let things slide, like housework etc because I just cannot be bothered.. then I feel bad and upset because I did not do what I really wanted to do or needed to do.. Then when I do it, there is sooo much of it! and I feel so overwhelmed by it all. Sometimes I will start to vacume and only manage one room because I just feel so blah!.. but other times, I can get on and do what needs to be done and feel like I have acheived something :D .. it all depends on my mood on the day.

Sometimes it does require effort, a force of willpower and I have been known to give myself a real good talking too :wink: to just get myself out of the bed in the morning!..