PDA

View Full Version : i've had enough of this tight throat symptom

helen_1
16-02-09, 22:21
i have had symptoms of a tight throat since june last year after a operation i had after a root canal went wrong the symptoms have never gone away i have had a barium swollow test and a scan on my neck but nothing was picked up just as i was starting to accept it maybe all related to anxiety the symptoms have got worse the tightning is now really tight and it gets worse when im walking making me gag i have really had enough of this now it is really annoying i wake up with it and its there till i go to bed its like the back of my tongue is really big and swollen or something i have tried everything to relieve it by not clenching my jaw and not having my tongue on the rooth of my mouth nothing helps not even diazepam i have just had enough of it now im just wondering if anyone else suffers from this and how long they have had it for and if it has ever completly gone away on its own because i really dont want this for the rest of my life and it also gives me alot of ectopic heart beats as well as the tightness also goes all they way in my throat to chest like a sqeezing feeling it is soooo annoying is 8 months too long to have this horrid symptom please reply back anyone who may help with this sorry if it sounds like im ranting but i just hate this

madcowmonty
17-02-09, 03:56
I dont know if this helps, but i had my tonsils out and weeks after that my throat kept on tighting to the point it felt like someone was strangling me. I went to the doctor many times, even thought it may have be thyroids. Everything came back negetive. I now believe it is my first sign of having a panic attack or being anxious. I also get the sensation of my tongue swelling (not helpful when i have a phobia of an anaphylactic fit). A friend of mine told me when i get that feeling, to sing. I did and i find that i does not relieve the tightness all together but it does help. I know how you feel, I am so sick of having a tight throat all the time.

Best of luck.