PDA

View Full Version : New symptom for me - Anyone relate?

PinkLady
17-12-03, 18:48
I have recently been having little seconds of how I would decribe
as jolts. they are in between my throat and top of my chest and
feel like my heart is skipping a quick beat. It quickly alarms me
as it does not take much as my main concern is my heart rate and
chest pains. Is this actually a panic attack as well. I have made
an appointment with my doctor for Friday but with all the symptoms
I have with anxiety I have to wonder?
Has anyone experienced these?

Thank you in advance
Pink lady

Trina

jonny
17-12-03, 19:02
Hi Trina,

Welcome to the site.

I can't say that i have those exact symptoms however i would say that most of us have some sort of 'Weird' symptoms or jolts/moments that we cannot explain. The major problem is that because of the nature of our anxiety illnesses we tend to worry to much of what is probably nothing more than normal bodily activity. I drive myself mad when i can sense my heartbeat.
i am sure that you will find that it is nothing to worry about and when you learn this and then go on to ignore them the panic will stop.

jonny

I used to be extremely indecisive but now I am not so sure...

Meg
17-12-03, 19:17
Hi Trina,

Like a flutter almost in tthe bottom of the throat ? Very common.

Mine came as all the other symptoms were well on their way out .. Threw me a bit but as it wasn't an unpleasant feeling I made mtself smile each time one happened and totally refused to let myself be scared of them.

Occassionally now I have one and automatically smile as it reminds me of my final not-so-scary symptom !

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

uryjm
17-12-03, 21:27
Could be heart palpitations, which I get when I've had too much caffeine. It feels like your heart is shivering or twitching. "They're harmless", said my doctor. "Only 'cause you're not getting them", I replied. It can be a bit worrying largely because they're an undeniably uncomfortable, physical sensation.

Jim

twister
17-12-03, 21:31
Dont worry Trina I get these too. It is actually very common when you are stressed for the heart to beat fast, double beat, skip beats and it isn't dangerous - just a bit alarming at first. If you can start to ignore them then they will just go away in the end as you get less stressed.

Emily

sadie
17-12-03, 21:39
Hi Trina,

I too suffer the same sensations as you and as Radar explains...a tickling sensation at the bottom of my throat. I always feel like my heart has flipped over or something. i only started to suffer these sensations quite recently and Ive suffered anxiety for 3yrs. Hopefully as Radar says maybe these symptoms are presenting themselves now as other ones are less frequent..(fingers crossed)

Anyway, please do not give yourself any extra stress worrying about these sensations. They are very common with people suffering anxiety/panic an are not dangerous. Your GP should reassure you when you visit him. This sensation is caused either by stress/anxiety or too much caffenine thats all.

Eventually as you become less scared of the physical symptoms of anxiety..these sensations will eventually disappear. Ive suffered I think every sensation there is with anxiety but they have become less frequent and less severe the more I try too understand and accept them.

Keep in touch..let us know how you get on at the doctors.

Take care

sadie

PinkLady
18-12-03, 02:14
I want to thank all of yous. It is comforting. I am having less
of my other symptoms and I seem to just need to get over this last
hump. It is amazing how many symptoms anxiety can generate.
Once again thank you! I wish I had of found this site a long time
ago and hope I can help others as well.

Have a great night!

Trina

Jo
18-12-03, 08:41
Hi all - I too suffer from a 'flutter' like this. A bit lit Meg really, as this 'flutter' is the only real thing I have NOW.

Take care

Jo xx