PDA

View Full Version : DOCTOR'S APPOINTMENTS

NANAX10
18-07-05, 21:43
I Have a Dr's appointment today and I'm am so nervous about going. He just returned from a 3 week out of country vacation and during this time I ended up in the E.R. with constant palpitations that the ER Doctor said were benign and that I have a strong heart. Did EKG, lab work, chest x-ray. I'm so nervous because I'm wondering what other types of tests I'm in for! I have health anxiety soooooooooo bad that I've had some depression. Am currently in Cognitive Therapy but at these times when I have to go to the Dr (even Dentist) I get soooooo worked up! Anyone with any suggestions would be much appreciated!

KATHY LYNCH

Cinders4
18-07-05, 21:55
Its really hard isnt it.... Im the same, and whenever I have any appointment, I work myself into such a state that by the time I get to see the Doctor/Dentist etc etc, Im crying and then I dont feel like Im taken seriously.

I have the same thing with the heart and at the moment I am taking Beta Blockers which make a huge difference to how I feel physically and also emotionally. Just by lowering my blood pressure slightly I dont get so out of control with my panic.

My only fear now is that my Doctor will not prescribe anymore....(lol - like thats my only fear!!!!! I have health anxiety after all)

feel free to pm me if you like

JO

nomorepanic
19-07-05, 19:01
How did the doc appointment go and what was said?

Hope all is ok.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

NANAX10
20-07-05, 07:16
Nicola and Cinders!

Thanks for your caring. Would you believe that I almost turned around and came home. My anxiety over the visit was horrible! I'm so tired of this.

Doctor checked out ER labs and other blood work that I had done and he said it was all due to anxiety and for me not to worry about my heart as it is fine (same thing the ER doctor said).

However; I just got diagnosed (officially now) with Diabetes but for the past month I have been watching everything I put in my mouth and plus for the depression and anxiety my hubby and I have been walking and I lost 10 pounds!:D I know I will get this under control. It isn't really that high but high enough (fasting blood was 160). I've been faithful with my diet and drinks tons of water throughout the day.

Thanks guys!

KATHY LYNCH

Meg
20-07-05, 15:19
Kathy

Well done on your weight loss - thats great..if you've got more to lose its possible you may reverse the diabetes once you've lost more weight.

Drinking is a symptom of diabetes so you may get less thirsty as it gets under control- are you trying diet controlled first ?

Make sure you go and get your eyes seen asap as a baseline reading plus get in with a chiropodist to get taught about diabetic foot care.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

NANAX10
21-07-05, 18:24
Meg,

For now I'll be taking 2 tablets a day (1 at night, 1 in the morning). It is Metformin (Glucophage). I'm doing quite well controlling my diet and I'm watching my numbers. I hope to get down to one or none. Oh yes! I definitely could loose at least another 20-30 pounds. All this stuff at once! My Internist gave me some Lexapro, next day I got hives. My Pharmacist did say any medicine can cause a reaction, so I didn't take the Lexapro the second night and here they popped out again. Their there at night, but are gone in the morning. So, don't think it was the Lexapro. I've started on very small dose (5mg)...what are your feelings on Lexapro? I have such a low tolerance and if this doesn't work, I'll have to go to a Physciatrist to figure out what would work!

KATHY LYNCH

seh1980
21-07-05, 18:55
Well done on going. Good luck with the meds - hope they help you :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal