PDA

View Full Version : Just Started Diazepam AND Citalopram

timmymagic46
17-02-09, 13:54
Hi everyone!

Ive just started a course of Citalopram and Diazepam, the citalopram is half a capsul every morning (so 5mg) and one diazepam 3 times daily (2mg). Doc said this was due to the citalopram causing worse symptoms for fitst few weeks and then upping the dose, thw diazepam would counter this??

I have felt odd every since the first citalopram, but maybe its the diazepam im not sure. I have moments when im at work, (sitting down) when i see silver stars in the air around me wherever i look which panics me!!! lol. Typical. I also am still getting my main symptom (PVc's (palps))....has anyone tried these meds together before??

Would apreciate any feedback!!

Also has anyone tried them with the main panic symptom being palps after eating and during excercise??

Thank you everyone!!!

Tim

andrewc
18-02-09, 19:27
Hi there

Yes it is very common to prescrive Diazepam which helps with anxiety until the Citalopram kicks in. Im surprised that you think the citalopram is giving you side effects as 5mg is a negligable amount. Hang in there cos the side effects do go away after a few days.

Best of luck

Andrew

leesavee
19-02-09, 16:36
hio there..
i started 10mg citlopram and disapam only helped calm me down when i felt anxious for about the first week until the citlopram kicked in..i found the disapam helped me alot.
good luck

Tankerton
19-02-09, 16:56
i started on 10ml of citapram - was awful for the first week - but was ok after that - now on 30 ml slowly starting to work after 8 weeks - feeling a bit more in control which is nice -

Good luck to you

joe

minderaser13
19-02-09, 17:03
Hi, I had the same problem with panic during exercise and the citalopram has helped with that. While I don't think I have really stabilized on the medicine yet, I have been able to make it to the gym more and finish workouts. Prior to citalopram I would panic half way through my cardio and run out of the gym. I anticipate that once the medicine settles (I have been on 20 mgs since Jan. 10 and just upped to 30 mgs two days ago) I will be able to hit the gym more consistently. At least I hope so, because I love exercising.

Jo29
26-03-09, 21:14
Hi Tim

Im new to this but would like to give you my views. I was on 10 of diazepam and 20 citlopram and when i started off man i felt as high as a kite. I ended up spliting the citlopram 10 in the morning 10 at night and diazepam just at night, this helped me because i was able to get back into work without being so god damn tired and not with it, just check with your doc first. Hope you start to feel better soon :yesyes: