PDA

View Full Version : back and neck trouble

sue447
18-07-05, 22:30
hi all,
could somebody advise please, i woke up yesterday morning with what i can only describe as muscle pains/stiffness in the tophalf of my back, on the one side, it was like i lead funny in bed and woke up with it, it also seems to be affecting my neck i cant move my head from side to side without the back of my neck hurting, i cant even put my chin on my chest so of course im thinking meningitis, also yesterday i noticed i had a lump in the side of my neck, the lump has gone now, but it feels like it has been scratched or something theres a little spot there i dont know if i was bit by an insect or what, its also sore to the touch, my neck feels like its inflamed or something and when i eat something i get little shooting pains in my throat, i havent got a sore throat or anything like that but it feels weird but on the outside i hope you can make head or tail of this, please advise or can anyone relate, could i have something to worry about or is it just muscle trouble
luv sue xx

seh1980
18-07-05, 22:37
hi Sue,

It could be a number of simple things hun. You could have slept on it badly. You could have pulled it when picking something up, carrying something, etc. I get sore neck muscles all the time and just assume it's because I slept in a bad position. You have nothing to worry about..

Sarah :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

nomorepanic
18-07-05, 22:44
I need a new mattress on my bed I know cos I wake up every day feeling stiff neck and back.

That is all it is - sleeping funny or bad mattress.

If it is meningitis then you would know with the glass test and a rash.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Sue K with 5
22-07-05, 22:59
Hi ya sue

I wake most mornings feeling like hell, my bck and neck are as stif as a board and I was told this was anxiety and tension even as I sleep, which is not that frequently I sleep with anxious fears and feelings.

Try listening to some music before you go to bed and lay flat on your back
this might ease the pains and even a better pillow might also help

Its probably our age dear !

take care

Pm me if you need to talk

Sue with 5

scknight