PDA

View Full Version : Stomach Ache/Period Type Pain Annoying

hazy
17-02-09, 19:43
Hi,

Just wondering whether anyone can put my mind at ease. I started with Panic Attacks and Health Anxiety since March 08 when I fainted twice after a routine blood test and then later the same week when I hadn't got over the shock, my husband was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. I do feel one hell of alot better than I did about 5 months ago.

My worry is about my stomach, since about June July last year I keep having this period type ache then it got better I had the coil removed as a result of the stomach ache last August thinking it was to do with that. Anyway in the last couple of months its come back? To describe it, its like a period pain like someone is pressing on each ovary or its just on one side it often goes into my pelvis back area and makes me feel sick. It was suggested that its Mittelschmerz which is a German Word for middle pain as is to describe ovulation pain. Today is the 12th day since the first day of my last period so it is around ovulation time. A couple of weeks ago I had an ultrasound scan on my stomach and uterus area and the Doctor said it was all normal, this was a huge relief.

I, like most worry that its something more underlying, but its getting on my nerves and I'm sick of it. I now, since all this anxiety, hate going to the Doctors and never feel relieved or reassurred by their comments. The ache also goes into my stomach around my belly button area?

I was thinking that I may be straining muscles as I have a 3 year old who insists on being carried a little, but I don't wander around with him in my arms. He mostly wants me to carry him from the car into his nursery cloak room and then from the cloak room to his classroom. I also have my own cleaning job and so I carry a vac upstairs and full mop bucket etc, could I be straining muscles?

I don't seem to suffer from anxiety until this stomach ache starts and then it triggers it off, it is doing my head in? So I am now getting the rapid heart beat. Does anyone have any tips?

Thanks for reading my droan.

Oceanblue
17-02-09, 21:46
Hi,

It could be that you may have a simple infection and the pain becomes more intense when ovulation starts. This can be cleared up by antibiotics, but can only be detected by a swab. Nothing serious, just a common irritatant.

Ask your doc for their suggestion.

Hope you feel better soon. x:flowers:

hazy
17-02-09, 22:28
Thank you for your comment, if it was something as simple as an infection would it last this long? I have had it on and off for a few months now? Funnily enough I had a probiotic drink just after writing my thread and I feel better, is that coincidence.

This anxiety thing is so weird, I have read so much over the internet about it and it never ceases to amaze me just what different symptoms people get its bizarre. It is also so frustrating that so little is done, or seems to be about it, is their a team of scientists who research into as so many people suffer from it, whether it be panic attacks or anxiety, mild or severe?

I have diagnosed myself really with Health Anxiety/panic as its an illness/health matter that appeared to trigger it all off for me, the trouble is I have a completely unsympathetic husband and when I mention that I am feeling unwell he says "oh" and if I say something like "is that all you can say" he responds with "what do you want me to do about it, you just need to stop fretting about everything", so you see I don't have anyone close who can help. I even get panic attacks with my children, I am so nervous around my 3 year old and not an hour goes by it seems, when I don't say "be careful". The thing is I can hear myself and I get so angry and wish I could just switch off from it all at times, I wish there was a safe relaxant that could be prescribed just to calm me down in times which are bad.

Anyway I am waffling again, thanks again for your reply and the Doctor did say that if my Ultrasound came back normal, which it did, he suggested I have a swob to do other tests. I think that's my next mission, but I will have to build the nerve up to do it because as soon as I set foot in the bloody Medical Centre I feel a panic attack coming on. Thanks

jadeyjade
18-02-09, 00:32
i had the same thing and just wanted to tell you that i had a stomach x ray and ultra sound on my gall bladder (because i get pain under my ribs too) and both were normal. the only thing it showed was on the x ray there were stools all over my stomach and although i didnt realise i was constipated, i was. try stool softner, it helped me :)

melodinpanic
23-02-09, 18:52
i had the same thing and just wanted to tell you that i had a stomach x ray and ultra sound on my gall bladder (because i get pain under my ribs too) and both were normal. the only thing it showed was on the x ray there were stools all over my stomach and although i didnt realise i was constipated, i was. try stool softner, it helped me :)

Hi Jadeyjade!

Did the doctor prescribe you the stool softener? I would like to buy one but I don't know if I will find it in Boots. Do you think Boots sells it?