PDA

View Full Version : Occupational Health Assessment

Valerie
17-02-09, 18:47
Hello everyone,

I have been ill for a while and have taken a lot of time off work recently for physical disabilities. Today I was told that I will need to have an Occupational Health Assessment done to see if I am ok to work. What I want to know is if the assessors will have access to my medical files? The reason I'm asking is that I do not want the company to know about other aspects of my health not relating to work, ie the anti psychotics I am on. I work for an arts company so it doesn't really affect my job, but I am worried I might loose my job as most people tend to immediately jump to conclusions like I must be crazy etc.

reallyfedup
17-02-09, 18:49
I am quite sure occ health can't access your medical records x

GemmaAnn
17-02-09, 20:53
Hey,

They will only have acces to the records you give them (what you fill out on any forms, what you verbally communicate with them). They may ask you for permission to access your medical files, in this case its probably nothing more than asking your Dr for a letter describing your illness and current treatment. Most importantly they cannot ask for this unless you give signed permission.

So they wont have anything you dont give them permission for.