PDA

View Full Version : fear of men

lonely
17-02-09, 20:56
:weep: no one seems to understand me, only one person has really and that was a nurse up at the hospital but im terrified of men :blush: :weep: ive been told half the nation are men, it doesn't help my fear :weep:

starlight78
17-02-09, 21:22
Thank must be so difficult. As someone helpfully (?) pointed out half the population are male so your gonna need help to deal with this. I really recommend that you go to your GP and stress to them that you really need help and ask them to refer you to your local Community mental health team for CBT.

Lots of luck x

lonely
17-02-09, 21:30
it was my gp who said this :( i have been referred i see pshychiatrist on friday who is male which i wasnt trying to get out of just want them to understand my fears
i was only at hosp last week when doc was a guy as soon as he shut room door i freaked out and he ended up sending for the mental health team as he didn't think i was all right, he didnt listen to my answers to questions and didnt believe my answers telling me to stand up as i was shaking so much, though why i dont know:weep: only the nurse in hospital understood me

starlight78
18-02-09, 20:06
Bless you, it sounds like you've not been lucky with the professionals you've seen so far. You probably ask to see female workers, but to be honest it would probably be better for you to try and work with the male workers and build some trust if you can.. You could take a friend with you when you see the psychiatrist if you think that will help?? x

freakedout
18-02-09, 22:57
Hi, sorry about your fear of men.

I don't fear men as such but find it difficult to trust them in a funny kind of way. In my case though there is a cause, I just wondered if you have had some experiences which have made you fear men. It is so difficult when the doctor and psychiatrist are men you will obviously be very anxious and this may affect how you communicate with them. Maybe writing things down in advance might help so that if you freak out again some of the things you need to say will be on paper. I am sure if they know how you feel they will try their best to help and understand you.

Freaky

lonely
19-02-09, 21:15
thanks for replies :)
had to have appointment today as emergency as i had to go up to A&E, it had been arranged by hosp fo rme to see a female psyhc doctor, i will see them again soon