PDA

View Full Version : Agoraphobia workshop ?

eeyorelover
17-02-09, 21:53
Hey everyone :)
I'm thinking about having a members workshop in chat for agoraphobics.
Basically other members who have made progress with their agoraphobia would discuss what has helped them to get out and about again :)

Members who have agoraphobia issues would be able to ask questions and get advice from members who have been there and understand what you are going thru!

If the first meeting went well we could discuss having a weekly or biweekly meeting in chat :)

There will be no medical professional in chat so no medical advice can be given.

Right now I'd just like to get some feedback to see if this is something that would interest anyone and to try and get volunteers who would be willing to share their stories and success in dealing with agoraphobia. The meeting would not run more than a couple of hours.

If you would be willing to volunteer please PM me and let me know :)

If you would like to attend please post here so I know whether or not to proceed with planning this.

xxx
Sandy

sunshine-lady
17-02-09, 22:10
Hi Sandy,

What a wonderful idea and one that I would certainly be interested in.

I would be very interested to hear what has helped other agoraphobics and am more than willing to share my experiences.

If you need any help. please just give me a shout :smile:

take care xxx

honeybee3939
17-02-09, 22:22
Hi Sandy

Im willing to join in too, just let me know when.

:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

pink daisy
18-02-09, 12:40
I think thats a great idea.. Id share anything of my story, As I have had it since I was 13 so have had to find a lot of ways to cope

Kate

The Fool
18-02-09, 12:53
i'd take part.it really helped me to know that my mum had gone through what i was and i had somoen to talk to.

bottleblond
18-02-09, 13:38
Count me in Sandy! I overcame it before but have it again. :doh:

Brilliant idea!

Love Lisa
xxx

debera
18-02-09, 14:07
i would like to join
debera

Ross
18-02-09, 19:03
Cracking idea Sandy. :shades:

I'm fully recovered, and would be more than willing to assist with this in any way that I can. Although, as you know, I'm not very punctual, reliable or.... well, just not any good at all really. :shrug:

Still, hit me up if you're desperate :yahoo:

lorac
18-02-09, 20:25
I think this is a great idea Sandy. I am recovering and know what a long hard struggle I have had to get here so yes I would love to be part of this and would like to assist in any way that I can.

Carol xx

eeyorelover
18-02-09, 20:46
I've seen pics of ya Ross and even if I didn't know how smart and funny you are, I'd still want you around to be eye candy for us ladies ;)
BAHAHA
That's meant to be a compliment not in a stalker rabbit in a stew pot sort of thing!!
:)

Cracking idea Sandy. :shades:

I'm fully recovered, and would be more than willing to assist with this in any way that I can. Although, as you know, I'm not very punctual, reliable or.... well, just not any good at all really. :shrug:

Still, hit me up if you're desperate :yahoo:

bottleblond
18-02-09, 20:54
LMFAO Sandy!! :roflmao:
Like he's not got a big enough head!? :doh: Ok call in the joined to widen the chat room doors please, it's a must if we are going to fit Ross's ever growing napper in. Lol

Awww kidding Rossface

xxxx

Ross
18-02-09, 22:26
I've seen pics of ya Ross and even if I didn't know how smart and funny you are, I'd still want you around to be eye candy for us ladies ;)
BAHAHA
That's meant to be a compliment not in a stalker rabbit in a stew pot sort of thing!!
:)

I'll take it as a compliment. I'd much rather the Rabbit, Stew Pot Scenario, but hey, we cant always have what we want. :whistles:

LMFAO Sandy!! :roflmao:
Like he's not got a big enough head!? :doh: Ok call in the joined to widen the chat room doors please, it's a must if we are going to fit Ross's ever growing napper in. Lol

Awww kidding Rossface

xxxx

You are just being mean now. Surely you of all people must know how hard it is to be this good looking. :winks:

Yes, LisaFace, that was a compliment :sly:

bottleblond
19-02-09, 11:48
Lmao Ross ye sarci sausage!! :roflmao:

PUGLETMUM
19-02-09, 13:16
:yesyes: id liked to be involved - give support and get support - im recovering but still find it a struggle to be independant. sounds like a great idea:D

julieb
21-02-09, 21:00
Sandy i think that is a fantastic idea. i am an agoraphobic who went from being housebound to being able to drive myself to work and even go to kefalonia for two weeks for my brothers wedding. I'm actually trying to get myself back to that place now as i had a major relapse due to stress 3 years ago and have had bad and good days since. i think it would help lots of people myself included.

Ju

faith
21-02-09, 21:03
i am interested faith x x

IrishPrincess
24-02-09, 15:11
Think this is a brill idea would defo be interested in sharing experiences with people,I recovered before and it came back and am now well on my way into 2nd recovery:yesyes:

purplehaze
24-02-09, 17:46
Yea I am up for this so count me in

eeyorelover
02-03-09, 21:48
A meeting has been scheduled :)
Follow this link for info...
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?p=464537#post464537

lorac
02-03-09, 21:56
Hi Sandy

I will be there, look forward to it.