PDA

View Full Version : Jade story is too distressing

snowdrop
17-02-09, 23:36
Hi all

I have been feeling like something terrible is going to happen for a couple of months now and have just established (tonight!) that I am suffering from anxiety...and the more I read this forum, moreso health anxiety.

As I am still new to all this does anyone else find the terrible stories at the moment about Jade and her horrific news makes your own anxiety worse?

Its so terrible what she is going through and I feel really selfish and guilty thinking about myself at this time but its getting to the point where I can't bear to read about anything like that (plus the stroke adverts are really informative but scare the life out of me)

I really am tired of constantly worrying like this, I cant keep thinking I am about to die from some terrible illness. Followed by immense feelings of guilt because actually there isnt anything wrong with me and people like Jade really do have to face to death and right now I am sure she would gladly swap places with me....that makes me feel so bad!! Does anyone else feel guilty for constantly worrying abouth themselves?

Sorry if I rambled and this didnt make sense!! Its late and I really should be going to bed but needed to get that off my chest.

debera
17-02-09, 23:40
yes i find things like this too distressing to. i suffer from health anxiety also
love debera:hugs:

melodinpanic
18-02-09, 07:25
I'm freaked out too about Jade's situation, I'm actually praying for her. I really want her to survive eventhough they already said that she has only a few months to live. She must be a really strong woman. I didn't even know what 'cervical cancer' was before reading about her bad news.
I too feel guilty because I'm really worried about all my symptoms when I'm not even sure if I actually HAVE a desease.
I'm having a smear test next week because I am too concerned.
And about the stroke advert, don't get me started! Yes, ok, it's really useful to know how to find out if someone around you or yourself are having a stroke, but it's so creepy! I guess it's only our choice to change the channel. We are just so sensitive about all illnesses... but we can change, and start to enjoy our lives and stop 'surviving'.
:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

marie1974
18-02-09, 13:15
hiya and yes me and my friend both find jades illness hard to read about and although we kinda cant stop reading about her we feel it makes us feel very anxious about ourselves.

TerriAnn
18-02-09, 13:20
Yeah, it upset me, especially as I am currently awaiting a blood test to determine whether I run a really high risk of getting breast and ovarian cancer. It has just been discovered that our family has something in our genes that makes the women in our family run a high risk of these cancers. If the test comes back postive then I will have to have yearly breast and ovarian screenings and have the choice of having my ovaries removed. Seeing what Jade is going through scares me so much as she has two small boys just like me and when something happens to a celebrity, it always makes me think that if it happens to them - it could very easily happen to me.

MelodyMan
18-02-09, 16:13
It's distressing for me too. I feel really sorry for Jade and her family but to be honest I am tired of hearing about it because it fuels my anxiety. It's in my face everywhere. I refrained from reading the newspapers because it's just all filled with death and destruction but you see Jade everywhere. I log on to the net and the first thing I see on my yahoo home page is updates of Jade. It's really depressing.

mandah2386
18-02-09, 16:20
I'm new here so I have no idea what Jade story is, is it someone on this thread or national news?

cleonagh
18-02-09, 22:42
i really do understand how you are feeling i feel so sorry for her but it scares the life clean out ot me i dont read newspapers or watch the news now

countrygirl
18-02-09, 22:53
For those not in the Uk - Jades story briefly is that she is a tv personality for want of a better descritpion! and she is 27yrs odl I think and she has two small boys and she had cervical cancer that has spread and is now terminal. She has let them film her during all her treatment etc and they are still filming her possibly up to her death:blush:

The only good thing is that lots of people are now insisting on getting smear tests so this may save someones life in future.

seeker
19-02-09, 10:19
I agree the story is very distressing. However, Jade had several smear tests that showed abnormal cells - these show changes that can be pre-cancerous. These cells are very quickly removed relatively painlessly and in my experience, the doctor's surgery are relentless in trying to get hold of you to investigate abnormal cells further. Jade has said herself she ignored several letters and phone calls asking her to come in for further treatment and investigation. I suppose really, what I'm saying is, our regular smear tests are sufficient to detect changes in plenty of time, and thus get treatment. Therefore, if you have regular smears, you have little to worry about in terms of cervical cancer.

And if any of you have young daughters (13 or under), let them have the new HPV vaccine - a vaccination against the most common viruses that cause cervical cancer. Our pupils at school have just had them, and some parents refused to let them have it - on the grounds it may make daughters promiscuous?!?

Jan63
19-02-09, 11:34
Yeah, it upset me, especially as I am currently awaiting a blood test to determine whether I run a really high risk of getting breast and ovarian cancer. It has just been discovered that our family has something in our genes that makes the women in our family run a high risk of these cancers. If the test comes back postive then I will have to have yearly breast and ovarian screenings and have the choice of having my ovaries removed. Seeing what Jade is going through scares me so much as she has two small boys just like me and when something happens to a celebrity, it always makes me think that if it happens to them - it could very easily happen to me.
Hope the blood test is okay and that you haven't got the gene. :grouphug: I know someone on another forum who has this gene.:weep:

snowdrop
19-02-09, 20:48
Terri Ann...where do you get this test? My mum had breast cancer twice and had a double mastectomy, which was horrific but thank whoever is looking down has survived. I think I need this test and have asked for regular breast screening but the docs said I have to be over 40 to get yearly screening...I have 4 years left to go. I would love to know where to get the blood test for this.

Also I had 2 smears in the last 6 months but they cant find my results, I am now on the case...ladies, chase for those results, as we have heard cervical cancer is curable found early enough. I also think every 3 years is too long (but hey I'm no doctor!) Loads can happen in 3 years, what if it starts just after a smear and then they dont test for another 3 years????

Sorry anxiety stepped in there!

I was going to watch Simply Jade tonight on Living but I'd really like a good night sleep and know it will upset me too much, so am here instead...when do i get let into 'chat'??

Lou x

reddevil
20-02-09, 08:15
Hi,

It is strange as I want to read the articles regarding Jade but I just carn't as it is like putting logs on a fire regarding my anxiety.

Red

melodinpanic
20-02-09, 08:29
I agree with you Doomandgloom, every 3 year is not enough! I'm defenetly gonna do it every year, but I heard that people that want to do it every year have to do it in a private clinic and pay £60. Is this for real?

snowdrop
20-02-09, 13:47
That seems like a lot of money for a test!:scared15: Worth it for piece of mind though I guess...also the results can take up to 12 weeks!! I reckon it will be even longer now that there has been a surge of people going for them

x

diane07
20-02-09, 14:01
It is very sad to watch someone die, especially so young. It brings home to us that life is very precious and live each day happy. Jade's biggest fear is leaving her two little boys to live without her, i know of someone who was 34 who died of lung cancer and left behind a one year old girl and three year old boy, the little boy thinks his mum is a twinkle star, and often i have heard him sobbing to his daddy "why can't mummy come down, i don't want her to be a twinkle star" However a year on, the kids are doing well and not so many tears now.

None of us can bear the thought of leaving our children, and jades story constantly reminds us of what could happen, its a helpless feeling as none of us can help her. So i don't watch it anymore, not because i'm a coward, i just find it too sad.

special prayers for her and her little boys.

i hate panicking
20-02-09, 19:34
Yes jades story is very distressing and very sad as she is so young it just shows you that life is very precious,I have two small children and i just can't imagine what she is going through right now:weep:.

I watched her on living lastnight and found it really sad to watch she is so brave!

Sallysdream
21-02-09, 21:34
the whole story just presses the right buittons to keep my anxiety up

Anxious_gal
21-02-09, 22:16
I haven't been following it for the reason it sets off my health anxiety. at least it is making woman wise up and get a smear test.
really doctors do not stress the importance or even advice woman to get a smear test.
it was last year i first even knew what a smear test was!
I was 21!
my mums never got one and that makes me worried for her

bouche12
21-02-09, 23:17
...oh dear! It is such a shame that ill informed people would believe that a vaccination would result in promiscuity!!

i hate panicking
22-02-09, 15:02
I agree bouche

Obsessive Worrier
25-02-09, 10:24
Hi all, i have my 1st cervical smear this afternoon and i am so scared. Especially with everything in the media at the moment, i tend to believe it will all happen to me. I told my sister that i have my 1st smear, and she questioned why i havent had one sooner, im 23 and thought that i wouldnt need one until i was 25 anyway, and now she is worrying me.....any advice??

nomorepanic
25-02-09, 11:15
The recommended age is 25 but sometimes if you are sexually active from an early age then it is recommended to have one younger than 25.

yanksforever
25-02-09, 15:53
I'm 20 and the Jade story has me totally anxious. It's caused my skipped heart beats to return which is a shame. I hadn't had a single one since December.