PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and Paranoia/Hearing things when I'm going to sleep

aak247
18-02-09, 07:48
Hello all,

So last night I was trying to go to sleep and right when I was about to drift off I hear a voice should loudly in my ear. From that moment through the rest of the night I couldn't go to sleep. I kept thinking intrusive thoughts that were absolutely ridiculous like thought of me becoming possessed or me or my brother dying, and my body just didn't feel right. I would try to calm myself down and drift off to sleep again only to have another loud mental disturbance happen. I haven't been properly diagnosed with a panic or anxiety disorder although I was prescribed Xanax to help me go to sleep (which I haven't used yet because I recently have been sleeping fine on my own). Has anyone had any of this happen to them? Or can anyone help soothe my worries?

mabelina
18-02-09, 13:38
Yes ive definitely had this. Its always as im drifting off to sleep i'll hear a mans voice. He never actually says any words, just sounds like "aahhhhhhh". I always jump up with fright. It got to the point where i would leave my curtains and bedroom open as i felt safer. Im pretty sure its all down to anxiety xx

eddy1985
18-02-09, 17:48
yes definatley anxiety....................as soon as i started to fear schizophrenia and hearing noises
everytime i would drift off i would hear something pretty loud like a voice of someone......
its anxiety guaranteed if you think your going to hear something before going to sleep then it will happen .
without the fear it wont exist and remember if you do fear schizophrenia or been insane remember a insane person wouldnt be bothered about it..whereas you are your on the opposite side of insane if you like.

Vanilla Sky
18-02-09, 18:39
Hi there, ive experienced weird things at night as well and intrusive thoughts that i cant stop, the best thing to do is say to yourself if this doesnt stop soon im going to get up , and do it , even if its just put the light on for a min just take yourself out of it for a while. You may have to do this a lot for a few nights but its worked for me i dont get the thoughts half as much as iused to. Its all part of anxiety and its a common one as well, so your not going mad dont worry love paige x

aak247
19-02-09, 00:07
Thanks all :-)