PDA

View Full Version : High Pa With Blood Pressure Monitoring

Janvi
18-02-09, 09:12
Hi,

i have HA now. Im getting neck pain on the right hand side. Im afraid to go to the doc to check my BP. Coz yesterday i took my BP & IT READS 145/92 & 153/103. i FEAR THAT THE DOC WILL SAY I HAVE HIGH BP. MOREOVER
I GET PALPITATION WHEN THE BP MONITOR START TAKING MY BP. PLSE HELP ME WHAT TO DO

JANVI

tayside lassie
18-02-09, 09:28
try and pick a time when you feel calm put the cuff on then sit for a few minutes try and breath calmly then give it a go ..i know its hard cause ive had the same problem with bp ..

your numbers are more than likely due to anxiety ..if your feeling anxious best not to do your bp as you will fret over it making your self worse ..leave it for a day or so then try again if numbers still high sit for about 10/15 minutes try and calmed down then do it again ...
sorry cant be more help but if you keep yourself calm you ll get there in the end ....

valleybear
18-02-09, 12:05
Hi Janvi
Please try not to worry...I have done this recently and in the end I just left it as the more anxious you get as said in the previous post, the more exaggerated the reading you will get. A reading like this when under stress in no way indicates high blood pressure. I have a problem with this too and tried the home monitor and got into a panic state....just like you. I have given it up and am going to the nurse tis afternoon for a reading. At least there I get some support and reassurance although I find it difficult. Leave it for now if you can,hun. XXXXXXXXX:hugs: