PDA

View Full Version : numb tongue

luce1981
18-02-09, 12:30
Hi my name is luce,
i wanted to know if anybody else has had this symptom. when i first became ill with panic attacks and anxiety the main symptom that was so disturbing for me was a feeling of not being able to swallow, i have now developed a numbing sensation in my tongue and throat, it must be anxiety and tension as it isnt there all the time only when my anxiety and muscular tension in neck and shoulders is heightened.

does any body else suffer with this symptom?
can any body recommend anything to help relax sore tense neck, face and shoulder muscles?
:unsure:

bottleblond
18-02-09, 13:18
Luce

I'm going through the exact same thing at the moment hun. Do you get the tight throat too? My throat, neck and shoulder muscles have been in knotts for days. I have had the numbness too, even my nose.

We have to be concious that our tongue is NOT always pressed against the roof of our mouth as this is what causes the throat muscles to tense up.

Try to make sure that your shoulders and not hunched but relaxed. I'm so guilty of hunching, especially when i am stressed.

Ain't it horrid lol

Lisa
xxx

luce1981
19-02-09, 19:05
Thanks its reassuring to know it is just the anxiety, its easier said than done to relax! sittting watchin t.v at nights is the worst trying to relax makes me aware that i am not relaxed. yes it is awful:wacko:
xx

tommy1982
20-02-09, 12:19
Reading this if i think about my tonge it starts to feel tinlgely at the top!

Must be a anxious thing.