PDA

View Full Version : Tongue Fears, not sure if it is normal - reassurance/advice?

reddevil
18-02-09, 13:26
I have been suffering for a few days with a tingle sensation on my tongue and a white coating, which I put down to anxiety as I have had it before etc. but today I decided to take a look in my mouth with a torch and I wish I never.

Anyway, I got this small torch and looked into my mouth and at the back of my tongue, I have noticed about 8 pink lumps, 4 each side (look like ulcers or blisters and I think are pink in colour) but I’m not sure if this these are normal parts of our tongues.

Obviously, I have just freaked out about it and what is making it worse is that I only went to the doctors yesterday for my check-up and I wish I knew about this before, so I’m very concerned and worried at this moment in time.

Has anybody noticed these lump thinks on their tongues?

Red

amu
18-02-09, 13:30
I have the same, mine are even larger on the right side, which got me well freked out and I had it checked out.
They are normal, and the reason mine were larger on one side was my growing wisdom tooth that had no space, was inflamed, kept biting my tongue etc.

reddevil
18-02-09, 13:37
Hi,

They appear to be in two rows and the ones nearest the front are bigger than the others etc.

Red

lorrifarko
18-02-09, 20:09
Hiya, you might want to make a wee trip to the docs. Do you have any other symptoms like tiredness? it could be vit b12 dificency. Your best geting it checked out. Take care xx

reddevil
18-02-09, 20:38
I'm wondering if it could be circumvallate papillae?

nomorepanic
18-02-09, 20:43
Red - you have been googling again haven't you !!!

Bad idea and no idea what that is but I am not looking it up.

Lumps and bumps on the toungue are not a serious sign. Just make sure your diet is a healthy one.

Have you managed to get any CBT yet for your HA?

reddevil
18-02-09, 21:40
Hi,

I had CBT a few years back but it did nothing for me, which I expected it would.

Red

Thecatlady
18-02-09, 22:29
I have lumps like this and so does my husband so normal I guess

diane07
19-02-09, 16:09
I've had probs with my tongue for ages now and believe me, those lumps are perfectly normal. What you describe could be anxiety or thrush, if it doesn't go pop to docs and they will give you an antifungal gel.

di xx

nomorepanic
19-02-09, 18:11
Red

Was it specifically for HA?

You can always try again as well.