PDA

View Full Version : My test for Addisons Disease is next week

countrygirl
18-02-09, 23:09
Posted a few months ago because I had had a test that said my cortisol levels were low so GP sent me to endocrinologist. Saw her today and she was lovely. There is a test that is definitive for addisons disease and I am having it next Thursday. I have horror of needles and getting blood out of me is like getting it out of a stone:wacko: . I have to be at the hospital at 10am and they take a blood test for my cortisol levels. They then give me an injection:weep: of the hormone our pituatory gland produces to stimulate cortisol production. 30 mins later they do another blood test and then 30 mins later again another blood test - so that 3 blood tests and 1 injection.

I told her I will have to be laid down for it as I faint very easily and most Dr#s cannot get blood out of me so she said they would try and get best blood taker for me.

If the hormone injection raised my cortisol level then I don't have addisons disease or any problem with my adrenal glands, she said cortisol testing is highly inaccurate and can forget about it otherwise if there is a problem I will be put on tablets.

Such a shame I have to be consious for the test:D

angietomjimandcass
19-02-09, 11:27
Wishing you all the best.