PDA

View Full Version : Understanding the experience of social anxiety

JSWilliams
19-02-09, 06:05
Hi,

My name is James Williams. I am currently undertaking a PhD in Psychology at Swinburne University in Melbourne, Australia. I am interested in some of the personality processes involved in social phobia and social anxiety. The study's findings are expected to have implications for improving the ways in which we can help people to overcome their anxiety.

I am just wondering if anyone was interested in participating in this study. I am looking for people who suffer from social anxiety and also those who do not. The study is entirely web based and can be found at http://opinio.online.swin.edu.au/s?s=5214

The questionnaire is long but you can save your progress and return to finish the questionnaire later.

If anyone has any questions about the study, please feel free to contact me -
JWilliams@swin.edu.au

Your participation in this project would be greatly appreciated.

I would like to be active in the forums here (my interest in researching social anxiety is in part based on my own social anxieties) and would be really interested in hearing from people about their experiences with past or present social anxiety.

Kind regards

James Williams

JSWilliams
01-03-09, 23:05
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has completed my study! It is very much appreciated! :)

Cheers,

James