PDA

View Full Version : Will A CT scan show anything nasty

Richardmcfc
19-02-09, 13:48
Afternoon all.

About a year ago I noticed a small fixed lump in the back of my neck. Went to the GP and was told to monitor it. A couple of months later, I discovered another few lumps in my neck (these were moveable) and noticed that my lymph nodes in my groin on both sides, were enlarged. Decided to go back to a different GP and was referred. I had lots of blood tests done and a CT scan, both of which came back clear. Is there any way that I could still have anything nasty if both showed the all clear. Since I have noticed another few lumps.

Any advice would be appreciated

Rich

amu
19-02-09, 14:47
What did they say the lumps were? Were they confirmed to be enlarged lymph nodes? In that case, you mentioned that you noticed more, but did the original ones grow as well? Are they larger than 1 cm?
It's hard to imagine that it's lymphoma if they're not growing and the blood tests and CT were clear, and if you don't have lymphoma symptoms.
My boyfriend has many moveable lumps of fat tissue (lipomas) all over his body. Could they be those?

Richardmcfc
19-02-09, 17:26
They didnt say what they were, they fobbed me off with 'you have chronic fatigue' which to me is code for ' I havent got a clue what it is'

The original ones arent really growing - maybe the one in my groin is slightly, its just the development of further one that is concerning me.

JnJs_mom
19-02-09, 18:30
Your lymph nodes will grow if your body has been fighting off a virus such as the cold or a flu. My son had some huge lumps grow behind his ears. I freaked out thinking he had cancer. Everything was fine and they went away. If you are nervous about it I would find another doctor.

justbananas
02-03-09, 20:39
what area did they do a CT scan of? if the CT scan came back with 'no pathologically enlarged nodes, or unremarkable' then it's fine - you should call and ask them to fax you a copy of the report for peace of mind. but yes, usually CT is the ideal test for lymph node observance and if this is okay - then you're fine. just ask to see the report.

kittykat
02-03-09, 20:57
A ct scan would show anything suspicious up, my father in law had one for his prostate done and it showed tht nothing had spread, and then my friends mum had one for her breast cancer which did show things up, i wont go into details in case anyone gets scared by it , so as yours has come back clear along with the blood tests you can relax now , take care xx