PDA

View Full Version : Calm down dear!

CarolineB
19-02-09, 19:41
Hello everyone.
My names Caroline I have G.A.D I was diagnosed with it at age 19/20 (in my second year of uni) I thought I was a 'normal' girl, bit of a worrier maybe but no more than most... boy was I wrong! It started with tight chest for a couple of weeks and escalated from there. It's gentic or learned I suppose because my Dad has the same thing and got it also around age 19.

My regular symptoms are palpatations (my most hated symptom!), trembling (I can not take a non shakey photo!), constant fear about illness and worry that my loved ones are in peril, fear of flying (I WILL NOT go on a plane ever!), tight chest, nausea and loads more!....

My doc wants me to try anti deppressents but I am so fearful of being on them, because of the extra symptoms they can cause (palpatations was in the list). so i keep putting it off.

Any advice?

I have a few tips for things that help me control my panic slightly, I will add them in the tips section of the forum so take a look.

so hello everyone! Stay calm.... Caroline x

lorac
19-02-09, 20:13
Hi Caroline

Welcome to the site I think you will get lots of good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

GemmaAnn
19-02-09, 20:23
Hey Caroline,

I was diagnosed with it during my 2nd year of uni aswell! Had most of the same symptoms too.
Welcome to the site, talk to you soon!

Gem xx

sunshine-lady
20-02-09, 00:06
Hi Caroline and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

Southern_Belle
20-02-09, 01:59
Hi Caroline,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you feel and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura

Patty
20-02-09, 12:01
Hi Caroline, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers:

weeble40
25-02-09, 09:55
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx