PDA

View Full Version : headaches and beta blockers...

kirgray
19-07-05, 21:51
went to the docs yesterday because my headaches have been gradually getting worse and brain started the usual panic...ive been worrying so much ive now got a brain tumour etc etc. well went to see doc was fine last time i was in there i was a mess sobbing my heart out to him...anyway he checked for anything sinister and that was fine given the all clear :D he seems to think I may suffer from chronic headaches to do with my anxiety and has prescribed me beta blockers for the headaches and not the anxiety?? so im going to give them a whirl...i seem to get these headaches more when im in situations i dont like such as crowded places, so i think it must all be linked....i work in an open plan office and when i go down to the end its slightly hidden away and i can feel tension rising then so i think it must be something to do with lots of people around anyway so sorry to waffle on XKX

seh1980
19-07-05, 22:22
Beta blockers should help with your headaches as they deal with the physical symptoms of anxiety. They normally help quite a bit..:D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Meg
19-07-05, 22:26
They are also prescribed for migraines so hope they help you .

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

sal
20-07-05, 00:14
You havent waffled i just hope you get some relief from them.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

tattybear
20-07-05, 11:02
Hi Kirst,

My doc has spoken about putting me on these as i get bad headaches every morning, but has tried me on some migrain tablets first.

Ive heard that they do help so i hope they help for you - let us know.

Tatty B xx

Sue K with 5
20-07-05, 23:03
Hi I take the beta blockers to help with the physical symptoms as well, and I must admit they do help, because I tend to get the tension from anxiety in the back of my neck which can cause the stress headaches.

Give them a whirl and hopefully you will find they really do help

Good luck

sue with 5

scknight

MardyBum
21-07-05, 11:47
I have also been gerrin headaches recently and thats down to the stress I am putting my body through. mine are normally at the end of the day and if you need something to help you I use 4head which is a little stick of I dont know what that you wipe over your head and it seems to pull the ache away its great and natural! great if you dont wanna use more tablets! I get mine from asda!