PDA

View Full Version : Great website and kind caring ex-sufferer

Carol27
19-02-09, 20:52
Hi i have mentioned this before but for the new ones here another information site is at www.healing-anxiety.com (http://www.healing-anxiety.com) it was set up and the programme run by an ex-sufferer called David Johnson, I thought it was another money making scheme at first so i emailed him with a question about my anxiety and bizarre thoughts etc. I was so surprised when i got a call from David all the way from New Zealand at his own expense, he spoke to me for over an hour with no pressure to buy his program. He is a very caring individual who knows exactly how you feel even before you tell him. He uses the Claire Weekes method as thats how he cured himself 18 years ago. This as well as this wonderful nomorepanic forum may help too. Love Carol xx

ladybird64
19-02-09, 21:07
Hi Carol

Forgive me if I'm asking a silly question but if David cured himself using the Claire Weekes method, why is he making money out of people with anxiety?
He may well be a very caring person but he is still willing to charge lotsa money for advice that is available in Claire Weekes books and (free from NMP) MP3 downloads.
Or maybe I'm missing something..:shrug:

nomorepanic
19-02-09, 21:29
Carol - did you buy his programme?

sunshine-lady
19-02-09, 23:49
8 CD’s or 10 audio cassette tapes

USD $169.00 inc. postage and packaging

Sod that, when Nic has put free Claire Weekes downloads on this site!

mickh555
20-02-09, 00:24
Talk to the ex sufferers on here for free.Live as well.You cant interact with tapes,cd,s whatever.

Bill
20-02-09, 04:08
I've suffered from anxiety for as long as I can remember. As a boy I developed a toilet and germ phobia which developed into health anxiety. In my teens my OCD began which came to rule my life through thoughts and repeated rituals. Later I developed panic attacks, self harmed and took od's. For a time I also suffered from agoraphobia because I became afraid to go out.

I've tried medications, counselling, CBT, meditations and relaxation techniques etc but the best treatment I ever received was given to me freely by an NHS psychologist who showed me the right path back.

Since then I've learnt for myself how to cope and now I lead a "happy" life where on the whole I control my anxiety. I am not cured and I can't believe anyone really is but I do believe we can all gain contol over our anxiety.

Not once have I ever paid and when people ask my advice I offer it freely as a fellow sufferer. I have no time for people who exploit vulnerable others for personal financial gain because the "cure" is within us all once we are prepared to tackle the things that frighten us.:hugs:

Veronica H
20-02-09, 08:52
:) It is thanks to this site and the free downloads of Claire Weekes from the shop, plus her books that I feel i am well on the way to recovery. No need to invest in expensive programs.

Veronica

psychocandy
20-02-09, 09:13
Am I only one to hate the Claire Weekes book?

Yvonne
20-02-09, 09:42
Hi All

Ladybird was right, if this man cured himself by the Claire Weekes method then why is he selling a "product" which is based on Claire's teachings? It's not as if Claire's books are difficult to understand - I think those of us who have read her books know the concept of her teachings only too well.

I just think so many people have jumped on this anxiety bandwagon, whether they are ex sufferers or not. It's a huge money making business now and of course the likes of us fall for these things because we are so vulnerable. How sad eh?

If I had the magic cure for anxiety I would share it with others free - but there is no magic wand.

There are different types of anxiety, people suffer to greater and lesser degrees - there is no magic cure for all.

I think what Bill has said says it all really. He has suffered badly in the past and from his own experiences he is able to give wonderful advice on this forum as we all know. What Bill did actually, with the help of a very good psychologist was learned how to manage the illness.

Carol; did he make you feel any better? Did he say anything to you which was like a "eureka" moment for you?

I'm sure he is a kind caring individual and it was good of him to call you from New Zealand - I just think if he was so caring he would publish his "cure" on the net.

Blot
20-02-09, 09:59
Hallo there all, I am not too bright so please tell me how to access the Claire Weekes free downloads? Not having a good time at the moment, really struggling with anxiety. Have rushes of rapid heart rate, I can feel it in my head, I feel absolutely drained, exhausted, fuzzy and SO weepy.

I DO try to relax,I pray, distract myself by being active, use positive self talk that it is just anxiety, that I do not have an underlying heart condition but I am really struggling. I know that circumstances in my life are a little topsy turvy - these are temporary, they will improve but it does noy help the feeling RIGHT NOW. Blot

nomorepanic
20-02-09, 10:11
Blot - go to the NMP shop - www.nomorepanic.co.uk/shop (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/shop)

They are on there

Carol27
20-02-09, 13:08
Hi, i too very very cynical when i first came across this website of Davids as i had like many purchased other programs. I have spoken to others who have been called and helped by him and he never charged them a penny for it whether they bought the program or not. Please don't judge everyone by others behaviour its unfair and i for one am ashamed of myself for the way i felt about him before actually giving him a chance to speak. I can't say too much other than don't assume he makes money out of everyone, he says he hated his own suffering and hates to think of others enduring it. Sorry if i caused offence to people here, i'm actually quite surprised at the reaction. Best wishes, Carol.

eeyorelover
20-02-09, 15:38
It's wonderful that it worked for you.
It's only due to the fact that so many members have shelled out tons of money on "cures" that don't work that people here get so defensive about programs that you have to pay for.
No one is angry with you Carol and thank you for sharing what has helped you.
xxx
Sandy

Yvonne
20-02-09, 18:50
Carol

That's fair enough - you thought you were giving people some useful info and people immediately jumped to the conclusion that it was another get rich quick type person on the loose.

We do get really wary of anyone we think who is trying to make money out of our suffering and so many people have spent hundreds and hundreds of Pounds trying to cure themselves of this illness.

You take care.

Bill
21-02-09, 03:40
I just feel it's morally wrong for so-called ex-sufferers to profit from fellow sufferers using techniques that they have been taught by professionals who may have offered their services freely such as through the NHS. I think it's different when it's a professional with qualifications after their name and a sufferer is prepared to pay for their services.

However, there is no one "cure" to suit all because everyone suffers from different types of anxiety due to different causes so I believe each case needs to be treated on its own merit which can't be achieved through generalised methods. For instance a dog phobia is treated entirely differently from general anxiety etc. Why do we have professionals in various fields such as counsellors, CBT therapists, behavioural therapists etc? It's because no one therapy is appropriate for all.

Perhaps this is being cynical but a good salesman will knock on a hundred doors giving potential clients long sales pitchs to advertise their business knowing that they will spread their business for them through word of mouth knowing that someone along the line will be tempted to purchase their wares which will have made all their time talking worthwhile.:winks: