PDA

View Full Version : Don't believe I actually did this!

mjh74
19-07-05, 22:26
I thought this was worthy of a success story post!

Whoever read my post in the general anxiety section will know that I've had a REALLY bad few days and today hasn't been an exception.
My uncle is staying with us from Australia and the rest of my family came over to go for a pub meal. They all asked me to come along and this time I just said "ok" despite being full of anxiety and working my throat for all I'm worth. I ended up sitting in a full restaurant area without feeling bad AT all, had the biggest meal I've had for a long time and had a good laugh whilst there. HOW I don't know!!
I can feel my throat twitching and spasming a bit as we speak and I can still feel a "dragging" feeling of my soft pallet when saying certain words (due to the muscles being tight), but to be honest right now I don't care!!

I am SO chuffed I managed to do this!

Mark

Meg
19-07-05, 22:28
Thats really great Mark

See what happens when you can really just put it out of your mind for an hour or two..

Think you need family over again soon

Congrats

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

helen__w
19-07-05, 23:24
Hi Mark

WELL DONE!

As a fellow throat sufferer it gives me hope to read your story...every achievement like yours is worth celebrating! I hope you enjoy more meals like this one!

Helen x

sal
19-07-05, 23:44
Hi Mark

Well done mate. Even though you didnt feel like it you did it and it workedd out okay and that was down to you coping with it. So you need the praise and i really hope this has given you some well deserved confidence.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

pips
19-07-05, 23:58
Ah I so pleased for you Mark a BIG well done to you! Thats great news.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X

mjh74
20-07-05, 08:03
Thank you for your replies all. It's the people on this site that make it all worth it. So I thank you all for your encouragement and support, it means the world to me!

Mark xxxx

Piglet
20-07-05, 09:24
Hi Mark,

That was brill - shows again how actually getting on and doing stuff is certainly no worse than the way you feel anticipating it.

I went to the beach on Sunday and was feeling a little stressy about it beforehand (wearing a bikini is always stressful lol) but when I got there although I had lots of mini anxious moments in general it was fine.

Love Piglet [8D]

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

kairen
20-07-05, 10:07
Hi Mark

Well done im so pleased for you, keep hold of those good memories for next time, good to hear you sound so happy

proud of you mate xxx

kairen x

tony
20-07-05, 10:36
well done i was housebound a lot last year with anxiety,now i go to my local pub 3-4 days a week and really enjoy it!,its good to get out again

metal,rock, and hardcore music is my life!

lainey
20-07-05, 10:51
Hi Mark

Well done mate, you have done so well.
Keep it up.

Take care
Elaine x

seh1980
20-07-05, 11:12
Nice one mate!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

MardyBum
20-07-05, 14:00
Well done thats great and a really possitive thing to keep in your mind

angieb
21-07-05, 09:43
Mark - that is great, it won't be long now before this is the norm and the bad days are just blips :D