PDA

View Full Version : Anyone claimed DLA for PTSD?

Lotte
20-02-09, 00:17
Hi,
My family have persuded me to claim DLA and my GP completed a page in my form for me which was kind of her.
I should have claimed years ago, but I jut didn't want to accept that I would be like this long term. I have been agoraphobic since 1999. I feel like a complete burden on my husband and to make things worse we were abroad for 6 years and I wanted to come home. It took months of planning and encouragement to simply get me back to the UK due to my fear of travel.

Anyway, I completed the DLA form today and posted it after collecting it from the GP's surgery where my GP had filled in a page.

I added my diagnosis and letters from a dutch cardiologist and treatment I was having in the Netherlands fom the mental health team there.

I have DSM1V with co-morbid anxety and depression both at DSMM1V. (To be honest I think I only feel low/depressed due to the severe anxiety I suffer.

I also now have incontinence which at the age of 40 is really embarrassing. This only happens at night time and for the life of me I have no idea why it started? I'd had PTSD for many years and of course sleep badly, but the incontinence is linked somehow to my PTSD the doc reckons.

Anyway, I wondered if anyone else has DLA and at what rate were they given. If they did award me it am I able to use it to pay my daughter in law to help me get out of the house or go shopping and pay bills ect.

Thanks