PDA

View Full Version : Leaving for a foreign country...

melodinpanic
20-02-09, 07:40
Hi everybody!

I'm going to South Africa in 5 weeks and I'm freaking out!!!
I'm gonna stay there for 3 or 4 months. I was really happy at first because I'm going to get married there and I'll be closer to nature and animals (which I love:) )
But then I thought, what if I'm gonna feel even more ill there, and I won't have anyone to talk to (I probably won't go on internet as much as I'm doin now), and I probably won't go to the doctor over there they don't do check ups for free..:lac:

Has any of you went to a foreign country for a month or more while you were anxious? How did that go?

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

MissMac
20-02-09, 08:55
I can't offer any advice, but I understand your concern. I'd feel much the same way myself. I hope the fear fades before your journey. It sounds like it could be (will be!) a wonderful trip.

Best wishes for your wedding :)

amu
20-02-09, 09:36
Congratulations for the wedding!:flowers: I'm getting married too this year if things go well:shades: .

I just wanted to say that I'm freaking out over something similar. My friend is getting married in Egypt in September and I'm going to the wedding - problem is that I'm one of those people even without health anxiety that catches every virus going around and all kinds of bacterial infections too that end up in nasty chest infections etc etc, for example I caught the norovirus or rotavirus TWICE in the last two months from my son's nursery.
I can just tell that in Egypt I'll get ill from the unusal food and from the water I'm not used to etc...

Peggysl
20-02-09, 10:33
Hi There

Don't stress...I am from SA....They have fantastic hospitals and Doctors there too. The Govt. hospitals are not too hot but plenty of private guys everywhere and not too expensive! Maybe you should take out med insurance before you go? I think it may be free if you pay for your ticket by credit card...?
Good luck and enjoy your stay, but please be careful especially when driving around.

Pegs X

Janieb
20-02-09, 13:17
Take out medical insurance and you shouldn't have a problem. The private docs there are superb. Well I come from there so when I go back to SA on holiday it is refreshing to actually address people who want to help you out!!

Enjoy yourself, enjoy the weather and enjoy your wedding :)

melodinpanic
20-02-09, 17:30
Thanx a lot everyone, I'll try to relax. It just the idea to go so far away from home right now, it just scares me a lot.
I hope I'm not gonna regret to go there:winks: